Merchants

Tabla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am proud of the merchants who knowledge complaints from clients and even go to your place to fix the problem and/or return your money back or give you again the preduct without questions.  But dissapointed for the ones who dont answer your questions because they are not longer in SL or dont care. 

Or even for the ones you review negativelily the product because they never answered your questions you sent to them before reviewing the product and they with another alt post a review saying the product dont have any problems.

So.... let me start by saying I'll go out of my way to help my customers and do what I can to ensure they're happy.

But sometimes, customers are rude and/or demanding, and it can be a real struggle to smile and politely attempt to make them happy because you know they have the ability to sink your product with a 1 star review. I've had people attempt to blackmail me with that fact, and that's a really unpleasant feeling.

Some creators are long gone and still have products for sale, this is true. But sometimes they - like other humans - take vacations, and will return to help you out when they can.

Before you assume they don't care about your problems, make sure they've received your message, that you're polite, and that you've read all the instructions provided, if any. That 'alt' that posts a countering review might just be a real customer who genuinely didn't have any issues.

Tabla wrote:

I am proud of the merchants who knowledge complaints from clients and even go to your place to fix the problem and/or return your money back or give you again the preduct without questions.  But dissapointed for the ones who dont answer your questions because they are not longer in SL or dont care. 

Or even for the ones you review negativelily the product because they never answered your questions you sent to them before reviewing the product and they with another alt post a review saying the product dont have any problems.

I believe it is against TOS to use devices that reveal who is an alt of whom.

People often say posters are alts if the review disagrees with their own.  There is NO WAY you can tell if a person that posts a good review is an alt.  To say that the merchant used an alt to post is enitrely unfair because you can't prove it.  Most likely the person who wrote the good review had a good experience with the product.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

There is NO WAY you can tell if a person that posts a good review is an alt.

That's right. The merchant may well have asked a friend to write the review, or if they don't have any friends, paid somebody to do it. ;)

But there are also many genuine, legitimate reasons for conflicting reviews. The product may have been great once but outdated now, different buyers use the product in different ways, expectations may differ or different buyers may just disagree.

If you post a negative review poitning out some problem and two days after there's another positive review claiming that problem doesn't exist at all, you can be fairly sure it's a fake. But I think usually different ratings for the same product just mean exactly that: different people rate it differently.

Tabla wrote:

But dissapointed for the ones who dont answer your questions because they are not longer in SL or dont care.

Oh yes, I absolutely agree with you there. You shouldn't leave SL and keep your MP store open. No matter how honest and careful the merchant is, things can and will occasionally go wrong and buyers will have legitimate need for support. A very good rule thee: No matter how good the product is or how well known the seller is, if they haven't been logged on for motnhs or years, think twice before you buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.