Marketplace & SL Websites NOT Loading

Kate McLaglen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been watching the forums for this issues, but have not seen it mentioned.  Has anyone else noticed the issues with pages loading for the Second Life webpage and in entering data for new marketplace products?

I have to reload each screen at least twice.   This has been happening for at least 2 weeks. 

I have many products needed to be aded to marketplace and I just can not get it done when each entry takes 5-10 minutes of just trying to get pages to load.

No problems here....

Do you use the inworld or an external browser?

If using an external one, try scanning for computer for spyware. I've had the same issue with just browsing MP. After getting rid of some spyware everything worked fine again. 

It turned out my GF got seduced into downloading a **bleep**ty piece of SW (yes, on her own request I took away her admin rights after that!).

A good friend of mine had her L$ balance dissapear after logging onto MP (L$16.000). Turns out most of it  got put into some tipjar. After contacting support she was able to get the majority of her Lindens back but she's still short a few thousand L$ that LL couldn't retrieve. I scanned her Laptop and found a keylogger to be present.

Moral of the story... If you're a merchant, be very carefull what you install on your PC and avoid malicious websites!

This is a local issue - it affects you, no-one else.

Your network, PC or browser is preventing pages from loading. You don't include any information for me to guess the specifics, just that the servers aren't refusing to despatch pages, your machine's refusing to render them.

Check your browser settings & plug-ins, anti-virus/firewall settings, content filter settings. Scanning for changes to your system that you didn't expect (such as malware and maybe spyware) can help, too.

I've been selling for a long time. One thing I've noticed is when things aren't so healthy with the pipeline between a customer buying something and actually getting it, weird things start to happen.

The last few days, I've noticed delayed emails for sale confirmations. I usually keep my phone glued to my side and I keep a good eye on things. Delayed emails (yes, I check spam folder and I actually check on multiple devices to make sure it's not one device acting up) are a common thing I've noticed when the website or inventory servers are having issues.

I don't think you're alone in noticing something odd. To be honest, things have been a little abnormal for me and a few other merchants as well ever since last June. it does seem like the last few weeks things have been getting even worse somehow.

The thing about SL when it gets like this, I've noticed, is that it doesn't affect everyone. Some people don't get affected at all and some get massively affected. I think it has a lot to do with how old a lot of the SL codebase is. Those sort of bugs that affect certain groups of people but not others are the absolute worst to deal with, mainly because there's something unique they're doing or unique to their set up that isn't universal between other users.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.