Marketplace Search Beta Now Available

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we are touching on the subject of historical and patiently waited for requested features may I take this opportunity to once again ask for customer access to the redelivery button for copy items.  Where can it go wrong, and what is so hard about it? I'm so tired of having to log in and read a notecard saying 'I didn't receive........please redeliver.' 

(Not a reply to Sassy, just a convenient tag on)

That's why I started using a redelivery system that feeds off the ANS sales notices from Marketplace. It gives customers a "Redeliver" function. Because it knows the sales from SLM, and it can see what's in its redelivery boxes, it knows what can and cannot be redelivered.

I'd mention the name but .. *smiles*

They are quietly working on it indeed.

Many of the searches I've been doing have been performing similarly to the live MP at the moment.  Slight variatons etc ~ but functional.

It seems that they're in the process of fiddling with all the knobs and dials.  I've been told we'll get a formal update when they feel there's a substantial update in the overall behavior.

polysail wrote:

They are quietly working on it indeed.

Many of the searches I've been doing have been performing similarly to the live MP at the moment.  Slight variatons etc ~ but functional.

It seems that they're in the process of fiddling with all the knobs and dials.  I've been told we'll get a formal update when they feel there's a substantial update in the overall behavior.

This may sound snarky, but it's not. It's a genuine curiosity point.

Who told you that? When? By what manner? And why couldn't they also tell everyone by posting in this thread? (y'know .. the one they created to provide FEEDBACK!)

Okay .. so a bit snarky .. but not at you polysail.

Yes Darrius I agree with the ANS solution but this is the sort of feature that EVERYONE actually wants, customer instigated self redelivery of copy permission objects and it's trivial, utterly trivial. I'd much rather see them work on this sort of low hanging fruit than meddle with the things they meddle with. On the other hand, their track record of redelivery isn't that great:- https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-5355 https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-5806 Remember also when they had redelivery of a gift going to the purchaser - DUH! How hard was that to get right? Self redelivery... 4 years and waiting... https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4104 My bad, 4.5 years... https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3562 I like the triage result on this one, CLOSED, Unactionable.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Yes Darrius I agree with the ANS solution but this is the sort of feature that EVERYONE actually wants, customer instigated self redelivery of copy permission objects and it's trivial, utterly trivial. I'd much rather see them work on this sort of low hanging fruit than meddle with the things they meddle with. On the other hand, their track record of redelivery isn't that great:-
Remember also when they had redelivery of a gift going to the purchaser - DUH! How hard was that to get right? Self redelivery... 4 years and waiting...
My bad, 4.5 years...
I like the triage result on this one, CLOSED, Unactionable.

(*insert a quiet chuckle that slowly builds to a discernible cackle that continues to crescendo until it becomes a maniacal shriek the likes of which have not been heard outside Dr. Frankenstien's Laboratory in decades ... *)

• Community Manager

Thank you for your continued feedback.  We have read through all of your comments and feedback in this thread.  There was a lot of information that we as a team still need to review and process.  We have made some changes based on your feedback, and those are outlined here. We are closing this thread - please give your constructive feedback on Beta Search performance in the new thread.  Thanks again for your time and feedback.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.