Marketplace Redelivery - send or no?

Iren Tinkel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Guys.

Recently i got some trouble with one newbie girl. She bought no copy/trans product from my store and stated in some days she did not get it  through Direct Delivery. OK I resent her with Redelivery button on Marketplace. Within some days she contacted me again and said she lost, or broke, or again did not get it and asked to replace item again. She was completely enraged I said there is no multiply resend for transfer items due to opportunity to give them to others. She posted bad review and blablab saying I am liar and other merchants will always replace transfer items. So my question is WILL YOU RESEND again and again transfer items to customer by request?

I dont ask what I should do in this case  I just want to know your opinions or actions or expiriences. And notice - it is not just resend once because of Marketplace fail - its request to replace item whatever they did with it and anytime.

Thank you!

If it's no copy/trans I would have sent her the first replacement just in case she really did have problems with the delivery, but after that I would not have replaced it. She is likely giving them to her friends and getting more copies from you.

You can reply to her bad review and explain to her why you won't give her more copies. That way she will know, and it will be publicly readable so others can hear your side of the story.

thank you for answer. i would be glad to collect here some comments. Refusing to send no copy/transfer items - it is kinda our way to protect us from tossing items for free though i think LL should protect us a bit but they dont do. It is really bad when customers do not understand measure of their own responsibility for things they buy.

It is too easy to be scammed into giving away free products so I won't replace a transferable item, since they cannot prove they didn't give the item away or break or delete it.  Very rarely I may make a business decision to replace it if the customer is very convincing and I know that there were issues on the grid or with MP when they bought it.

I generally make all my products copyable to avoid this issue.

I don't know many merchants who have a policy different than mine, so your customer is just blowing steam.  You should file a support ticket to have the review removed.  Since you have the MP order history that says it was delivered I don't see why they would refuse the request. 

ohhhh, i had long correspondence with family of Scouts and after even with Linden trying to prove review is off-subject but it is not problem - i commented review and every customer with brains will get this girl is wrong. i just want to make sure i am not alone who will refuse resending no copy/transfer items. thank you for your post)

The problems with delivery from Magic Boxes (way back on the old SL Exchange .. pre XStreet .. pre Marketplace) was one of the main reasons I chose to make all my products as Copy / No Trans. But if I had sold a No Copy / Trans item to someone, I most likely would have provided one free replacement just because it's the "Right" thing to do (in my opinion). But I would also have refused to supply a second or any additional replacements.

Like the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME!"

No copy/transfer items redilivery il do only once,if "customer" asks for repeated replacment of aleged broken/lost item only thing that comes to mind is that customer is scamming you and shares item to friends or ewen worse selling it!

No copy/transfer item redelivery request due to missdelivery (it happens) ok!

Repeated redilivery requests for same no copy/transfer item nope!

What is worse: Giving away a 'free item' to someone who cheats you, or mistrust  a honest customer who really did not receive the item?

I don't want to take the risk to disrespect a honest customer, in order to prevend being cheaten by a dishonest one. Failed deliveries do happen as much for trans items as they do for copy items. I do give a new copy when my customers claim they did not get it. I do not redeliver from marketplace, but I send it in world where I get a message that the offer was accepted.

When they come back in few days to tell me it is broken I do replace the item, but only after they have send the broken item back to me.

Something just came to mind that I thought I would add. There is one downside to selling only Copy / NoTrans items as pointed out by a recent event.

A customer visited one of my stores and purchased one of my higher priced models. Later that day he contacted me and said that he was quite lost and couldn't figure out how to make it work. So I logged in and TP'd to his location .. and saw immediately the problem. The model he'd purchased (for L$895) was entirely unsuitable for his application.

I immediately refunded his purchase price then gave him the version that was an exact fit for his purpose. He protested politely, saying I "didn't need to do that" (refund his purchase) and then he asked how much the new version was. When I told him L$175, he promptly paid me L$200.

So now he actually has the expensive version for free, and the baseline model for which he overpaid. But to be honest, I'm not the least bit concerned that he has the expensive model. He came across as honest and up-front (as do almost every one of my customers).

However, since my products are copyable and non-transferable, there would have been no way for him to "give it back" to me .. so I just have to write it off as a cost of doing good business. It doesn't happen often, but when it has I have been very comfortable with that decision.

Oh .. and as we finished up and his new device was installed and running perfectly, he said "I'm gonna send everyone I know to buy these things from you." And THAT was the best outcome of all.

it is rare case when person bought something he cant use. i also had case i refunded if i see person is not able to handle device - its better to refund then to explain sometimes even item isnt transfer and also if item isnt transfer you know at least they will not resell it or give to somebody. i had also case when i sent update to one of transfer item without exchange and next day i saw old version ON SALE on marketplace in Used Items. I also had idea to sell only copy/no trans items but i make animations, i cant sell no copy and copy items for same price at least because of respect to people who buy full perm stuff from me. and if to sell as copy price - customers complain for huge price. so its like standing on the edge of blade.

anyway post is asking a question  what you do with request to resend again and again no copy/trans items)))

sure i did. even more - item is enough popular and people ask me often enough about this review and i am tired a bit to explain this girl is noob more than dumb. as i said its not the question. question is what about you? how would you act if customer asks you resend transfer items again and again

Change the permissions before you re-send the item. Problem solved.

When I have a no  copy/ trans item that someone keeps telling me they have problems with, I change the permissions on the item to copy / no trans then send them a replacement with the new permissions.

This way even if they are trying to scam me, I can just send them a replace of the copy enabled version over and over again and I know they cannot pass out those extra copies to anyone else.

As most everyone has said, I would redeliver the first time.  If the person states they did not receive the second delivery then I would invite the person to my shop or go to their home (their choice) and personally transfer the item to the customer and wait until they rezzed it, wore it, whatever to ascertain they received it.

you know i also will do it since last time. at least i will have saved convo that all is ok because this time girl said i resent to her broken item though i used marketplace redelivery and she got same item that other customers get. so yes, there is sense to spend some time and make sure they got product and it works. thanks for info)

Iren Tinkel wrote:

i used marketplace redelivery and she got same item that other customers get

You cannot be 100% sure. I have experience, not often but once in a while, that not all components of a package are received by a customer. With full perms items a customer has no advantage at all by getting a new copy from me, so they will only contact me in case one or more components did really did not arrive.

I'm not sure it still happens since I'm on DD, but when I used magic boxes it surely happened a few times.

Though 99,99% of what you experience with this customer points out she is trying to get some free copies, you still cannot be sure...

I get many many requests to replace trans items, mostly because people can't find something in inventory. They don't understand that inventory is stored on LL's computer, not their own. They often don't know there is an inventory search function. They don't know to clear cache and relog in an empty sim. They don't know that having more than 10,000 objects in the objects folder will prevent items from loading. They don't know about returned objects being coalesced.  And lately I have noticed when I take something into inventory, I can't get it to show up until I relog (grrr). And so on. So I help them learn to manage inventory problems by referring them to my Inventory Loss page.  It takes more time, but not knowing how to deal with inventory problems is a terrible disability in SL. Most are happy to be empowered in this way. 

Sometimes when I question them I find that circumstances indicate the item is really gone -- like they rezzed something just before a sim restart, or they rezzed it offworld. But 99% of the time it is just not showing up in their inventory list.

Today someone said he was missing a table from a dining set, but there is no record of any purchase by him, and no record of him rezzing the set. I don't know where he got it. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Today someone said he was missing a table from a dining set, but there is no record of any purchase by him, and no record of him rezzing the set. I don't know where he got it. 

This reminds me of the time I was contacted by, I thought, one of my customers saying that he couldn't get his drapes to hang straight and would I please come help with that.  He said to come on into his home even if he wasn't there.  After a few attempts to arrange a time when he would be home, I decided to just go fix the curtains.

I saw the curtains, and they were indeed hung crooked, but....they were not the curtains I sell.  I was trying to figure out how he managed to contact me for another merchant's curtains.  The only think I can figure is that I advertise house calls in my profile and on my MP descriptions and somehow he came across that info.

I sent an IM to him saying that the curtains in question were from another merchant and he needed to call that person for any assistance.  His answer - "Oh." 

ETA: Looking at my transaction history for his name would have helped...lol; however at the time I sold the curtains trans so the person *could* have obtained the curtains from someone else.  At any rate, they weren't mine...lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.