Marketplace Errors with Listings / Reports

shushpup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have two issues and I'm not entirely sure if they are related or not.

First up, a few days ago, I added an item for a new listing. But then realized I added the wrong item and so deleted it and added the correct item. The issue is that this no-longer-there item shows up consistently on my reports, of course with zeros but it is always there. I cannot get it to go away and clicking the link just routes to the default Marketplace page since that item is invalid and there was never a listing made for it.

Now, my actual issue, which I am not sure if these are related but this is what is bugging me... I added a new item last night. It is searchable on the MP, it comes up when I have someone else search for it. It shows as active, I can edit it, etc... But it does not show up under either of my reports. I only have a handful of items, so there isn't like a bunch of items to look through. It just does not appear. It is visible in my storefront though. I am just at a loss as to how to see if it is being search/purchased if it refuses to appear on either report.

I deleted the listing, removed the item. And then added the item again and recreated a listing. Same issue. It is as if it does not exist as far as reporting goes. Any and all help is highly appreciated.

Unfortunately, you are dealing with some of the deficiencies of Marketplace reporting:

- The first issue: Item that was deleted shows up in your reports, even though it is zero.  Nothing you can do, the reports don't remove anything, they just add and add...

- The second issue: a new item doesn't appear to be showing up in reports - give it time - the reports are only generated a couple times a day (from what I can tell), so have patience, it will most likely show up tomorrow.  If not, ask Support for some help by filing a ticket. 

So the item that never even had a listing will just be there.... forever? :matte-motes-confused: Oh god, that's really terrible, hah. And okay, I will wait and see. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't glitch something out and ruin my reports ability or something! Is there any other way to see the data on views, searches, and sales then? I'm still learning how to best use keywords and I'm not sure if I'm getting hits or not.

We have very few reporting capabilities from the MP and there are glitches with them that have never been fixed.  I have ghosted listings, deleted listings, etc that still show up in my Top Selling Products.  Top Searched Products seems useless to me - others may find it helpful, but I don't.  About the only report that I rely on is Transaction History.

What you see on the Merchant Home page is all there is that is provided by LL.  And as you have discovered, those reports are not always spot on.

Oh I see then. Well, I suppose I will just have to rely exclusively on the transaction history, which I suppose is the most important aspect anyway. I just like having feedback on whether or not people are seeing the item but if it isn't accurate in the first place...

Thanks for all your help!

In the beginning, sure, it will help to see if it is being viewed (Top Selling Products). I do look at that when a new item is listed, especially since new items appear on the last pages of the Top Selling Products report. And if you want to try using the info to track changes you make in keywords or other searchable fields (item title and features) and look at conversion rates from views to sales, you certainly can, I wouldn't discourage it at all.  After a while, as your store grows (my Top Selling Products report is 42 pages) it becomes more effort than it's worth.  There's no way to download any of the reports except the Orders History, so everything else needs manual input.

I figured it out.... just in case this might have happened to someone else.. I did set it up right.... and I had sumbitted other things that day as well and they were just fine...

It turned up I created 2 listings for this.....why or how it happened I do not know.... but one listing WAS listed......and does show up in my MarketPlace. I think because the other one was a dublicat of the one that is listed could be the reason.. I deleted the on that was listed and so far everything seems to be fine.

One last query, if I may...

If I also am setting up an in-game store and make sales through signage boards (not CasperVend), is there a way to see the sales? I keep hearing people reference transaction history but I'm not entirely sure how to access that unless I've purchased something myself and a notification pops up.

Yes, all transactions are recorded on your Secondlife.com Dashboard under Account->L$ Transaction History.  It records all money or other (object being given or received) transactions. So, your inworld and Marketplace transactions show up there.

Marketplace transactions will show up as:

Commerce Linden
MKT2 Item Sale
Description: Order #, Item # (purchaser name)

That History only records the past 32 days, so download it to a spreadsheet for recordkeeping, otherwise it is gone forever.  Your Marketplace transactions never disappear from the MP Orders history, and contain much more information - which item was sold, who the purchaser was, and who the recipient was.

There are quite a few Merchants who link all this information together.  I'm not one of them, but if you search this Merchant Forum, you'll come up with some prior threads which discuss it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.