Maitreya apparel creactors and alpha

Kylara Kuhn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since Maitreya made it possible to have alpha applied by creators it has gone bad with clothes. Creators almost never make the right decissions because they don't know my sizes. Means that things they decide that should go invisible I will have to make visible again and vice versa. If i make an alphaprim then sometimes i can switch it and sometimes not.

To all creators:Please stop by making an alpha layer for us OR put it at least in a separate prim OR put an extra outfit in it without the alpha. I can litteraly always make the alpha better than you do it because I can see my shape, you can't. I have tried dozens of outfits with alpha applied already and you never make the right choices in my opinion.

So basically: Stop thinking for me and let me decide for myself what i need because you lose money on people like me that way as I simply look for a creator that allows me make it how I think it to be right.

Complaining on forums will not help you, maybe just build a certain reputation....

Sometimes.... I can't believe things people say.... I mean how do they dare to make such bad decisions and create completely wrong clothes? OMG!!!

Only thing you can do is contact your favorite creator (one that gets most of your shopping money) and order a custom made clothing. Offter your shape and ask can they create a line of clothing that fits it. 

The way you wrote it here.... here is NO WAY for creators to guess your specific shape size, they create clothing to fit something we could call "an average shape". Often happens that people decide to create some extreme shape and get emotionally attached to it and then complain how nothing fits?! 

I'm not saying you are on of them, there is no way for me to know this but lets be fair, you really find it okay to complain how someone didn't manage to create a clothing part that doesn't fit perfectly to the shape they never saw?? And continue with saying you would do it better lol. Of course you would, you created the shape! 

Go on, stop thinking for others, start thinking for yourself and if you really know better then become the creator yourself and make the clothing that has the perfect fit. 

Is it such an unreasonable request then to supply an extra outfit without the alpha built in so I can indeed create my own alpha?

You make it sound that when I want the alpha well done.. I have only two choices and that is asking people to create a whole line specifically for me or to make clothes myself. Instead I make a simple request: "Add another of the same outfit without alpha". Where did I ever complain the clothing was not good? You make points that go into the absurd!

I LIKE their clothes. Just not the alpha. Not building the alpha into the clothes or providing one with each pack that is not having it in it seems really a simple request for any merchant. If the alphas won't fit, merchants will lose clients like me. And that might bes more people than you think.

Kylara Kuhn wrote:

Is it such an unreasonable request then to supply an extra outfit without the alpha built in so I can indeed create my own alpha?

It's not unreasonable though for some it's more effort.  I usually supplied the alpha texture, the UV map and said "go make it even better, it's yours now!"

it's down to personal creator choice though, your option is to patronise those whom you feel you get the best deal at.  Mesh is a complete PITA to be honest with all the different compatibility issues, creator kits (or lack of!) and implementations.  Just wait for Bento stuff to hit and see who gives free upgrades to new Bento compatible items.

Popcorn time! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.