MP Idea for better sales

Talented Composer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm sure we've all had that moment when we find someone we think of as special and want to buy them something....but what?! What to buy this special person? What if they don't like it? Well you could just ask them what they would like but that would take the surprise out of it. Soooo what if Mp had a wish-list where people could put things they aspire to own, kind of like the cart but "add to wishlist" instead. Then inworld in the residents profile could be a "My Wishlist" button that takes you directly to their wishlist on MP. I think it would increase sales because people would buy more gifts because they wouldn't be worried about wasting money on something the other person might not like. Just a thought...   By the way I still think that surprises are nice too, not knocking those. ;)

Back in the olden days of Xstreet, there was a wishlist. However the powers that be decided that

"As of July 22, 2011, Wishlist support by Linden Lab has been deprecated for Second Life. You may choose to create a free personal wish list by going directly to wishpot.com."  ~ See wiki article here.

Back in the olden days of Second Life, I would have said "File a Jira request. If enough people request a feature, LL will listen." But that was in the olden days, when the gods heard our prayers.

Talented Composer wrote:

Then inworld in the residents profile could be a "My Wishlist" button that takes you directly to their wishlist on MP.

Why not put the wish list directly in the profile tab? With the possibility for the resident to choose for  'don't show my wishlist', 'show my wishlist to friends only', 'show my wishlist to everybody'.

Once an item is on the wishlist in the profile, it should be clickable (for friends or everybody depending on choice). A click on the item leads to a marketplace gift page. The name from the resident that will be gifted is generated by the in world click, so you don't have to fill that by hand on the page. From that moment is should not take more then 3 clicks to deliver the present direct in SL.

When the item is delivered to the resident he gets a 'you got a present' bleep or sound, and de item gets automated deleted from the wishlist. 

Sassy Romano wrote:

How about... if you could add an item to your wish list as a "I really want this for my birthday", then when your birthday comes (rez day), it automatically takes money from all your friends and buys you the item?

That would be a great solution to reducing the bloat of friends lists
;)

LOVE IT!!!!!  

Too prone to abuse when money is atomatically taken.

But for example a pop-up message to all friends 5 days before the birthday or rezday, like: Your friend X will have her birthday over 5 days. Do you want to send a present on her birthday?

o Yes, take me to her wishlist
o No
o Please remind me later

When choosen yes, the order will be made and paid. The product will be delivered on the birthday.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.