MERCHANTS FOR EVENTS

SearchAlt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I  recently bought a sim and will be hosting events for all holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Easter ect. The entire sim will be transformed for each event and I will have them added to the destinations page.

QUESTION:

What's the best way to advertise to merchants before hand so that the stalls/shops in my events will be filled before the actual events begins? Is there a major group I need to join or do I post here?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you.

:)

1. Have you ever tried to host an event? Was it successful? How many people you managed to teleport and make them stay at a certain place and for how long? If any of your answers are yes then tripple that and try to stretch it through 30 days.
  2. Whats the highest traffic number you managed to create for a certain parcel? Same thing, imagine you are expected to keep the high traffic number every day (as in, bring new visitors).
  3. Have you ever managed to gather a larger group of people around a certain project? Here I am thinking about creating a list of rules and make sure everyone follows them, answer people's questions and help them when, for example, nothing is rezzing and they can't see their booth which is 5 meters to the left in front of them (happened to me), or if they get stuck setting up vendors, or can't rezz even with the group tag on etc.
  4. Do you know what is popular these days? What people like and want to have? Are you an active member of any community? I ask this because it is easier to attract people if you already belong and know how things work within a certain community.
  5. How many contacts do you have? How many store owners, large group owners, how many bloggers and people with large number of followers? Easy, infulence.
  6. In how many big in-world groups you have posting rights? How many people can see your notices. And please, here I don't mean groups named "spam..." and similar where people copy/paste their group notice and close the group and never actually look at the notices window.
  7. How many reliable people do you know? Those that can help you run the event. For example, if you need someone to log on your event alt and send group notices to 40 groups, which are divided into 5 groups and need to be rotated so that you don't repeat them next time, can you count on that being done, and being done well, not just have someone to say they will do it tomorrow.

I ask all this because organizing an event is a big job, well organizing anthing is a big job and specially with events, you don't want to go into something if you+re not sure it will be sucessful. The most popular store owners are in popular events and the less popular ones are mostly empty. Remember malls? How they used to be popular waaay back and now people barely remember them, well events will soon be like malls. Its simply too many of them and they are all filled with same people. 

And as far as what and how? Anything besides spam is good for attracting merchants, of course you need as many ways as you can cover and first of all quality merchants. And people who will buy their stuff. Magazines, bloggers, feeds, websites ran by popular SL people, Flickr, Facebook, Avatar social network etc. In-world groups, your friends shops, friends lots of friends! 

I wish you luck with that lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.