Items exclusive for Niramyth Aesthethic

Adams Scarmon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear merchants!

This is a message to request you to make clothes not ONLY for the Niramyth Aesthethic body but also think about SLINK, OMEGA and TMP.

As a customer with a lot of lindens, it is unbelievably annoying to see a really nice item and get excited only to read it is exclusive for the Niramyth Aesthethic mesh body. I have tried that mesh body on and I am not a big fan of it and I wouldn't just buy it just because I like to wear a special shirt. 

Thank you in advance.

(btw, did the creator of Niramyth Aesthethic promise everyone commissions for making things exclusively for his body?? Just curious).

Adams Scarmon wrote:

Dear merchants!

This is a message to request you to make clothes not ONLY for the Niramyth Aesthethic body but also think about SLINK, OMEGA and TMP.

As a customer with a lot of lindens, it is unbelievably annoying to see a really nice item and get excited only to read it is exclusive for the Niramyth Aesthethic mesh body. I have tried that mesh body on and I am not a big fan of it and I wouldn't just buy it just because I like to wear a special shirt. 

Thank you in advance.

(btw, did the creator of Niramyth Aesthethic promise everyone commissions for making things exclusively for his body?? Just curious).

Omega isnt a body, its an applier system to replace system clothing on mesh bodies.. TMP just released their mesh bodies for people to use to make mesh clothing.. give it some time. But dont hold your breath, TMP soured a lot of creators.

The Aesthetic body is nothing like any other mesh body. you have to create mesh clothing specifically for it. Again, that takes time.

Slink fits just about all standard mesh clothing.

ETA.. How did you try on the Aesthetic body? There is no demo for it..

I've never heard of the one you're talking about but here's the thing, to create items for mesh bodies requires the creator to get hold of the dev kit for each body concerned.

You might want to do some research to see the hoops that some mesh body vendors require that other creators have to go through and even then after applications for a dev kit, just get ignored.

Some of the creator's of mesh bodies state that they will basically not even bother to tell you if you're not successful with an application.

Your best bet would be to sink money into the body with the best support for clothing and just leave it at that.

No the creator of the Niramyth Aesthethic body does not offer any commission to clothing creators.  It is a popular body though and I imagine its profitable to make clothes for it, if they are good quality, as there isn't a whole lot of competition.

As other's have said each body is different and it has to be worth a creators time to offer clothes for a particular body.  Since to make clothes for other bodies, most likely a creator would have to make a different texture then load it in a different applier or make a different mesh for mesh clothes , they just don't think it's worth the extra work, when so many creators make clothes for the other bodies and competition is stiff.

SL business is like RL business, it has to be worth the investment and the ability to be able to turn a profit on an item that decides what a business offers.  It takes a long time in RL to make good clothes and even if they don't have a lot invested in materials, time is money.

i might be looking at other places, but i always found quite some clothes for my slink, tmp ( now trashed because of the known issues), Adam and now fully satisfied with Sginature Gianni...

Simply type your body name in search and click appearal.

Big plus about Adam, Slink and Signature is that lot of standard mesh and firmesh just fits great, sometimes with a little tweaking.

I don't share the thought that Aestethic is a great thing... it's fugly how most use it.

Well this is quite a bit dangerous though.

if ONE mesh body creator has basicaly a monopoly on the market and causes content creatores to just think about money and only make content for this one mesh body then the whole idea of ''be who you want to be'' and ''make your own identiy'' in SL is ruined.

Right now it is seriously lacking diversity as every 3rd avatar I run into wears the same mesh body (Niramyth Aesthethic).

I know there are a content creators who sell TMP and SLINK clothes as well and I really respect them for making their items available for other mesh bodies. I wish more content creators would follow this example or maybe that Linden Lab comes with an easier way to ''port'' mesh clothes into another body.

But you all get what I am hinting at right? It can't be good that everyone is making clothes for just ONE single body (Niramyth Aesthethic).

Edit: lifeguard clothes for example.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/EXTRO-Life-Guard-Tank/7369219

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Stripes-iMPACT-Lifeguard-Shorts-for-Niramyth-Aesthetic/7520195

The two linked above are the only descent looking lifeguard clothes for men but they are Niramyth Aesthethic. The other lifeguard clothes simply don't look as good or they look like total crap. This is my issue and this is happening so many times now. Everytime I see something it is Niramyth Aesthethic exlusive -.-

Adams Scarmon wrote:

Well this is quite a bit dangerous though.

if ONE mesh body creator has basicaly a monopoly on the market and causes content creatores to just think about money and only make content for this one mesh body then the whole idea of ''be who you want to be'' and ''make your own identiy'' in SL is ruined.

Right now it is seriously lacking diversity as every 3rd avatar I run into wears the same mesh body (Niramyth Aesthethic).

I know there are a content creators who sell TMP and SLINK clothes as well and I really respect them for making their items available for other mesh bodies. I wish more content creators would follow this example or maybe that Linden Lab comes with an easier way to ''port'' mesh clothes into another body.

But you all get what I am hinting at right? It can't be good that everyone is making clothes for just ONE single body (Niramyth Aesthethic).

Edit: lifeguard clothes for example.

The two linked above are the only descent looking lifeguard clothes for men but they are Niramyth Aesthethic. The other lifeguard clothes simply don't look as good or they look like total crap. This is my issue and this is happening so many times now. Everytime I see something it is Niramyth Aesthethic exlusive -.-

Methinks you have Niramyth on the brain..

https://betasearch-marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kona-Mens-Mesh-Lifeguard-Outfit-with-Scripted-Towel/6821572

https://betasearch-marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sockmonkey-JUNIOR-LIFEGUARD-outfit/9515248

https://betasearch-marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XK-Lifeguard-Set/9494800

Here ya go.. a Slink mens search with 12K hits.. https://betasearch-marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=10&search%5Bkeywords%5D=Slink&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=96&search%5Bsort%5D=created_at_desc

Now stop whining about the newest male mesh body being popular..

i still think you forget that you don't hear the hundreds/thousends, that wear Adam, Slink and Signature because there is not a real problem finding clothes...

those fit most standard sizes, ánd when you go fully clothed, it's not really a problem if theres a little difference in size, the alpha will hide it totally... and when fully clothed you don't even need the body, just hands is enough.

Adams Scarmon wrote:

Difference between

and

?

I mean it's a pretty big difference no?

Yeah, for an extra 25L you get a hat and a towel.. You are making a mountain out of a molehill here. There are many, many more items for SLink men than there are for Aesthetic. If you want specific items made, either make them or commision them. Either way.. stop whining.

You can always ''be who you want to be'' and ''make your own identity'' regardless of what creators find profitable or not, because you can always learn to create your own clothing and/or mesh body as well as every other piece that makes up an avatar.

Linden Lab will never come up with an easier way to ''port'' mesh clothes into another body." because when it comes to design and creation in SL it is up to the residents who create things.  LL would seriously stifle creativity if they started dictating how things had to be be made.  Even the Omega System which many bodies support was developed by another resident in cooperation with mesh body creators.

In addition to the mesh clothes available for it, that particular body may also be popular because, unlike most mesh bodies, the clothing layers that display applier textures actually morph the body so it looks more like it's wearing well fitted clothes rather than just painted on clothes.  That also may explain why you like the look of so many of the clothes made for it, which wouldn't carry over to other mesh bodies.  

If male avatars are seriously lacking diversity because every 3rd avatar wears the same mesh body,  that's their choice.  Many people just wear mesh bodies out of the box and don't take the time to personalize them.  You can change that mesh body's appearance a lot by changing the underlying shape etc, so they don't all have to look like alike.  

Maybe you should get a demo of that body and experiment with different shapes etc. so you can take advantage of all the clothes you like without looking like everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

So you probably think I am just being whiny or picky but I am really not..

There isn't a whole lot of male content out there to begin with...

Most NEW things are made for the Niramyth body now. I've been monitoring it for a while.

In a way it makes sense that content creators want to cater to the biggest group, because 50% of the male avatars walk around with the Niramyth body nowadays, looking like clones of each other.

I guess my fashion style is beach boy looks and streetwear, which is mainly Niramyth content. It keeps frustrating me to see an awesome product, something that matches my wishes 100% and then realize it's for the stupid Niramyth avatar only. There are many content creators who offer products for TMP, Niramyth AND Slink at the same time.. What's the difference between these and the ones that don't? Are the ones that don't just being lazy?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.