Is Someone Reselling My Full Permission Textures?

WulfeMom Snowpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm an alt of a seller who has been on SL and the market place for about 8 years. I make all kinds of things, mostly furniture, lawn art and textures. As of this week I have had someone who lists themselves as a texture creator buy almost all of my textures listed on the market place that are full permission. They are not similar, some are clothing textures, window textures, medieval textures,...just all different and would not be used in one project. The only thing similar is that they are all full permission so it set off a big red flag for me. I kind of thought they may be reselling them in a bulk texture package or some other way on the market place or inworld.

Is there a way to track my textures? I've never had problems before so I'm clueless. I'm using my alt because if this is a legit purchase I'd feel bad if it ever got back to the buyer I'd asked. Has anyone had issues with textures being resold, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

This is kind of a hard to check situation.

First thing I would recommend trying is checking your purchase history(Image included in case necessary):
bqs.png
You can then search by Customer and see if they have purchased your textures in the past, even if they are L$0.

Another method would be to see if you could get ahold of the textures, if they have not re-uploaded them, then your name should be on them, or at least the UUIDs would be the same.

Other than that, there is no other way, unless you can get them to speak the truth, which would be unlikely.

But as a response to the question "Has anyone had issues with textures being resold, and if so, how did you resolve it?":

As someone who sells full-perm stuff on a regular basis, it's a small price to pay to have people rip you off in order to bring happiness and freedom to many, because no matter what we do, there will always be "that guy". Only thing to do is report and/or file a DCMA report(Please only do this if you know 100% that the product in question is in violation as it causes issues on all 3 parties side(Your's, LL's, and The reported's)). Not saying the person in question did rip the textures/resell them, just a answer to that question in specific.

WulfeMom Snowpaw wrote:

Is there a way to track my textures?

Keep an eye on their MP store and maybe their inworld store too. If they are planning to resell, they're bound to turn up there sooner or later.

But it's very unlikely they were bought for reselling. There's just too much risk and too little to gain for any relatively sensible established merchant to try that. It's far more likley they were bought for reference - to check out the competition.

If they download them and then upload again, they will be shown as the creator and the ID numbers will be different.

However, check their in-world and marketplace stores and see if they are reselling your stuff.  And remember they might also be the alt of the person who is doing the selling, so check their friends.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.