IRREGULAR PERIOD IS NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT IN THE FUTURE RANKING

Ricblas Ferraris

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning.

Well I know the marketplace have issues,

And I can monitor them.

But meanwhile sales have gone. Because the items are not in the right place. I hope that when the market is restored and the problems have been corrected. All items will return to its rightful place.

AND THIS IRREGULAR PERIOD IS NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT IN THE FUTURE RANKING. or AND NOT PLEASE NOTE THIS RANKING IN IRREGULAR PERIOD.

Sorry for the capital letters. I am not english speaker.

For the future is a very good idea to improve the market. Because new products have many problems to climbing.

I suggest it would be very interesting to have the option to set a page from the some point of view of the merchant.

Now We Have Relevance, Newest, Oldest, low, high, etc. Let the order's suggestion trader.

Thank you very much for your attendance.

Ricblas Ferraris wrote:.

I suggest it would be very interesting to have the option to set a page from the some point of view of the merchant.

Now We Have Relevance, Newest, Oldest, low, high, etc. Let the order's suggestion trader.

it's known there are problems... but the part i quote i don't agree... those options are there for the buyers... not the sellers.

It would be a bit strange to let the merchants decide where a item shows...

It's interesting you covered the top of the page you posted showing your rank.  We can't see what if any search words you used or how you sorted the items.

Every one thinks they should have a higher ranking then the one they have.  Since you have no idea how much your competitors sell how do you know they aren't outselling your items or have changed their keywords to be more relevant to current frequently used search words?  

I'm not sure rank is all that important.  When I shop Marketplace I sort what I am looking for by the criteria I choose and not the most popular or the items that come up first in a general search.  I find that many times I can find a quality product for a better price that way.

Ricblas Ferraris wrote:

They did give us the ability to do this once, but it failed. It caused problems. I can't remember what the problems were, but they were big enough that they quickly pulled the plug on it. So, they did try it.  It just didn't work back then, and they never tried it again.

Ranking in your shop (your merchant store page) reflects the CURRENT popular sales not the overall sales ranking.

So for example TODAY my store when seen using the default of RELEVANCE looks like this:

BECAUSE I sold all those items in the night.  It changes all the time based on what has been sold most recently. And while all these products are good sellers (some older, some new) they are not necessarily the TOP sellers.

Sometimes you come to my store and see only surrounds as the most relevant product. The top CURRENT sellers also show up when you do a search for a store or a person. And right now those top three items are shown if you search for me or my store. Sometimes its a mailbox. Sometimes its a barn. It changes all the time.

My sales have been good this summer so I am not sure what the problem is that you are talking about. I doubt very many folks just buy the current top ranking item without shopping at all. If that were the case I would sell very little :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.