I need help with mass redelivery.

Chriss Daysleeper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I only have a marketplace store with a few products, one of which is a collar and cuff set. A week ago a customer who bought that set IM'ed me, and I ended up giving her a mod version of the collar as requested.

I don't know how it happened, but the contents in my marketplace listing for that collar and cuff set changed to the folder I made for her which didn't have all of the contents of the original product. This meant people were buying the set and only getting one collar, the one I edited for her. This went on for about a week before I noticed it.

I need to know how I can do a mass redelivery to all of the people who had bought this collar within the last week, I've fixed the contents, but I'm not going to forget about the people who paid for this set only to recieve one item. Please help!

Buy a product that deals with mass redelivery.  Or even easier, one that does updates to your product but the horse has already bolted from the stable for this one!

I'd recommend a delivery product that checks for avatar online presence first as otherwise sent inventory may become lost due to capped messages when blind sending from a scripted product.

(Basically, you just need to export from Marketplace, the list of sales in CSV or whatever, take the column of avatar names or better still, their key and pop those into the notecard of your chosen delivery product.  Add your item to be delivered and go and make a cup of tea/coffee or other as you please.

So I'm using Postmaster to deliver the updated version of the product to those who purchased within the last month. It's already delivered to more than half of the people. It requires that you add name's to a notecard, so I had to go through my transaction history on the marketplace and paste them in manually.

Question: How do big creators manage to sent updated versions of their products out to everyone who purchased it? I'm talking about thousands of people. Is there a way I can store a database of name's for sales on a single product automatically?

Yes, but not after you have already sold it to them.

Caspervend vendors will enable you to do mass sendouts of an update to previous buyers.

I have a Hippo Updater that enables me to put a script in the product box that will scan for updates once a day.

Caspertech have 2 products for auto updates. One is the caspervend, which can be set up to record sales in the mp, yes you do need to create products on the site to associate the sale to, but you dont need an inworld store and you can easily send updates to all purchasers of a specific product.

They also have an update script which you can put into items, and it auto checks for updates when product is rezzed or periodically. This is a standalone product, does not need the vendors.

I've used both for a while and they work, with the update script you can even see when someone has accepted the updated product.  Just search for caspertech on the marketplace to find the items, from there you'll be able to read full details on the wiki and see if its gonna do everything you want it to.

It's not difficult to export in a format such that you just paste in a whole column but yes the easier way is to use an update product like I mentioned.

I also have a custom version of Zanara's postmaster script which integrated directly into my vending system. Zanara's awesome :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.