I go crazy. - why is my aquarium marked "adult"?

MoSystems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really go crazy here!

Why is this aruarium marked adult? 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wall-Aquarium-FREE-zero-lag/3221775

Every time I change it, I get the message: "Successfully updated, but the text in the description field forced a change in the maturity level"

This is nuts, isnt it!? 

Is there any tool that helps to determine why Marketplace rejects this product listed as "General". Or are fish that dangerous these times?

If Theresa's suggestion doesn't work, copy and paste your entire description, then delete it and repost line by line. Post a line, then save it. See if it gets pushed to a higher maturity rating. If not, keep that line and add the next. If so, delete the line and repost the line, this time word by word, adding a word each time until you find the problem. Then change the wording. Repeat with every line until you successfully post without being forced to a higher maturity rating.

It's slow, but necessary if you want to have your tank listed in the right rating so more people can see it.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

Okay, I tested and found it's the combination of "its presence. some" but only when I begin a new line with "some", it turns into Adult.

Go figure. lol

The presence of some fish leads to Fish Gone Wild?

Aquariums are a gateway perversion. It's all good until someone spikes the fishbowl and turns the music up.

Certain keywords will trigger it, too.  When i first put my houses up on marketplace, i put in Gor as a keyword and it forced me to make a house "mature."   Strange rules.  i had to take that word out of the keyword search.

I wish there was a little more logic applied to the setting of ratings on marketplace.

They don't even have to do that, with word/phrase lists. They could automatically highlight the offending bits, and then you'd know exactly what to change.

I think their thoughts are that you'd also know how to get around it, not sure. They don't seem to have a way to track how many mis-fires their system generates due to honest mistakes as opposed to what the system is supposed to catch.

Should have never let minors in, in the first place and then it'd be less of an issue to grab for any possible infringement. Work-safe is another issue, but right ... if they wanted to make it easier, they could.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

I really wish the lab would just publish a list of "Moderate" and "Adult" words... (=_=)

They certainly cannot do that since we are all cheating scum who will go to any lengths to "game" the system.

Heaven forbid LL should treat scum like us as though we are customers or something. Do you want us all to the "game" the system?  Will no one think of the system?

@mo, of course "some" is obviously an adult word.  Who did not know that?  Don't try to pretend to be naive now.

Honestly if I was a creator there's no way in hell that I'd put up with the kind of slipshod service provided by the Lab with regards to the MP. You guys are all far and away more patient and tenacious than the vast majority of people would be. Thanks for making SL the unique experience it is in spite of the many roadblocks the Lab sets up in your path.

• 2 weeks later...

I truly miss "Show Item in Search".  Unlike RL (where I'm totally the opposite), in SL I like to shop in stores rather than look through a catalogue.

I've considered setting up an online index of shops, I just don't know if I have the time or the temperament to maintain it.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

I really wish the lab would just publish a list of "Moderate" and "Adult" words... (=_=)

I can tell you exactly why they don't - it's the same reason why the MPAA doesn't tell filmmakers why their film received an R or an NC-17 rating.  If they don't tell you what triggered the decision, then they can't be accused of censorship.

Yes, it's pretty fail logic, but that's what it is.

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

Thanks for making SL the unique experience it is in spite of the many roadblocks the Lab sets up in your path.

I've always said that the grid continues to remain profitable in spite of Linden Lab's decisions (or indecisions).

What's sad about this statement is when I imagine how unbelievably awesome SL would be, were it different.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.