How to update no modify creations to modify?

Zoran Elton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The only way to do this is to rezz each and every model in world, change the permissions, delete the copy in your inventory and take the new version back into inventory.  Then rez the box (if your items are boxed) and delete the contentsand replace them with the new versions.  

Also make sure that any system layer items are also changed to modify if this is relevant.  This can be done in your inventory, so it's a lot quicker.  Make sure you include a notecard to explain that some items will seem to be no mod if they include a no mod script or animation, but will be modify when rezzed.  Also make sure your customers know if any modification might break your items (for example, unlinking prims can cause scripts to malfunction sometimes), so that they can have a back up copy in that event.

Next you will need to drag the new folders/boxes to the relevant folders within your Marketplace Listings Folder.  Set the new versions active.

Go to your store in marketplace and change the permissions information in the listings.  

If you have a large number of items all this will take a lot of time.

If your item isn't boxed, you can change permissions within the Viewer Managed Marketplace :D (Avatar - Marketplace Listings in the viewer) .   You will of course need to go to each listing and change the permissions on the webpage listing to reflect your changes.

I have made changes this way (like adding items to the package) and it has worked well and quickly.   If you are using BOXED items (which kinda went out of style awhile ago :D) then that will not work. 

Pixieplumb Flanagan wrote:

Zoran mentioned that some of his products are 3D models - I thought that with rezzable items they needed to be rezzed in world to change the next owner perms properly?

They do but it's not clear to me from the post whether it's that the permissions on the MP listing are the issue.  If the items are boxed, the actual object permissions are somewhat irrelevant and it could just be that they want to bulk update the details on the pages for the listings.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Pixieplumb Flanagan wrote:

Zoran mentioned that some of his products are 3D models - I thought that with rezzable items they needed to be rezzed in world to change the next owner perms properly?

They do...

and that is a very important point to remember! You can change permissions of a rezzable item in your inventory but those changes will only be effective after the item has been rezzed. If for example you have a full perm item and change it to copy/mod in inventory before giving away or selling a copy, the next owner will still be able to transfer copies to other people if they like. I think Linden Lab actually calls this a feature but a bug by any other name is still a bug and this is a particularly nasty one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.