How to migrate from Direct Delivery to Magicbox

Mo Noel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.

I have quite some updates to do, and a 7 page process for almost a hundred products is really no option. Its an impossible task, especially with the tools working that bad.

My update-process with the Magicbox is a zero effort, as sripts replace the old version with the new one automated and Marketplace will not even know, that the box delivering a new version. (see here)

So, here's the Question:

How do I migrate back to the Magic Box?

Thus, how do I remove all the Items that are uploaded for direct delivery?

Thanks in advance,

Mo.

I am sorry, but laughing does not help.

Just estimate, how long will it take to update 100 items?

Its about one complete day of work, for a process done in zero seconds before.

That's nothing to laugh about, thats something dearly annoying.

Besides, I don't know how well the proces works for you. With me, especially the "delete" features don't work. The single delete feature works but sometimes, and takes awfull long time. I have almost all products 2 times listet as Unassociated inventory items and have really no chance to remove them.

Most times I end at this page:

So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Mo, im sorry, i didnt wanted to hurt you while i laughed, but your question was for me somewhat a lil quirky.

Merchants are aware about the DD switching since almost one year.. A lot of us have already done it monthes ago.

I know its long.. and it wont specially be easy now, that all the late ones are in a rush and in a crowd..

On top, we know aswell, that LL mess everything they are touching... 

So yes, we know and this is why we try since some days to help here, the best we can,  the pp who need help .

there is not magical recipe... 

The servers are not working well due to what i told before, and indeed this wont make it easy at all for you...

i only can advice you to be patient.. maybe give it away for some days.. you have still some weeks (at least 3) and try a lil later when all this rush will be calmed down and servers fixed...

Read also carefully all the document LL provide about this and the one i gave you.. there are ways to make updates together.. and yes, the deleting items do not work, you ll have to do it one by one.. but for this, you have time... even if you havent deleted everything at the deadline, it wont affect your new DD listings. So keep this for later.. and focus now on your switching and updating...When servers will be back to normal..

And do not worry, if the mess go on, they will be forced to delay the deadline.

I did the big mistake to migrate already.

I really did not think about that Linden would replace an smooth workflow with that .. (sorry) crap workflow.

If I now need one day for the same task I needed not to care about at all before .. there is something where my mind refuses to accept the story.

I now have the issue, that I need and want to update.

Also I want to do an other update, replacing all items with vouchers, that never need to be updated, as they will trigger delivery of the latest product version from an in world server, as MP is not capable of an update process that is acceptable in efford.

And I still have heared no reason, why Linden retires the Magic Box. I have no word aginst a co-existance.

At the moment I just want a usable, working plattform, best, as efficient, as the system was with the box. To migrate to a not working system, that is in beta test (actually delayed) for now round about a year, and that bad working as it is. I would never dare to ask my customers to migrate to such a thing.

Howdy, Miss Mo!

I migrated to Direct Delivery on the day it went active nearly a year ago, and you're right, the part about deleting the old magicbox items was a huge pain in the youknowhat.  It took me a long time to get all 300 I had at the time, deleted.  In fact, ALL of us had that problem.  Fortunately, a work around was discovered to delete them all at once so one doesn't have to sit there deleting one at a time.  

Once all your items are migrated over and only your old magicbox items are in your "Unassociated Items" list, delete your magicbox(s) inworld and then go to the old XstreetSL site.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and remove your box from that list.  Then go to your "Manage Listings" page and click the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button.  Once you do that, the old magicbox items will disappear.  

So that will take care of that looooong deleting process you've been having!

As far as updating your items...maybe you could add version numbers to your items?  Such as:

Ring Of Total Submission v3.1.5 to Ring Of Total Submission v3.1.6

That way, when you update, it is easy to locate the new item from the old one.  Actually updating to the new item is easy, but, you need an easy way to determine which is which since the system will not automatically change the old to the new when you upload it like it did during your original migration.  

Just upload your new item in the Merchant Outbox, go to the "Manage Listings" page, find the OLD item, click "Actions" and then "Edit," then scroll down to "Edit Associated Object."  Scroll down that list to the NEW item and click "Choose" next to it.  Then click the Update button at the bottom.  You're done.  Except you'll need to delete the OLD item from the "Unassociated" list.  

I know that's a lot more labor intensive than your old system, but, it's what we have to do now if we want to have a marketplace store.  

I wouldn't migrate back to the magic boxes now that you've already changed everything over.  Especially since Linden Lab has now given you a deadline before they make the magic box system stop working.  

The only way I can think of offhand to migrate back is to delete and then recreate each listing and me-oh-my what a pain THAT would be!

I hope some of this has helped, Miss Mo.  I can certainly feel your frustrations cause I went through them too.  Let me know if I can help further.

Marcus H.

ps:  I love your store and your items!  I've bought several things from you since I started in SL in 2008, and still wear your Dom ring, and I think your ROTS is the best of its kind!  :)

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Howdy, Miss Mo!

As far as updating your items...maybe you could add version numbers to your items?  Such as:

Ring Of Total Submission v3.1.5 to Ring Of Total Submission v3.1.6

That way, when you update, it is easy to locate the new item from the old one.  Actually updating to the new item is easy, but, you need an easy way to determine which is which since the system will not automatically change the old to the new when you upload it like it did during your original migration.  

Just upload your new item in the Merchant Outbox, go to the "Manage Listings" page, find the OLD item, click "Actions" and then "Edit," then scroll down to "Edit Associated Object."  Scroll down that list to the NEW item and click "Choose" next to it.  Then click the Update button at the bottom.  You're done.  Except you'll need to delete the OLD item from the "Unassociated" list.  

I know that's a lot more labor intensive than your old system, but, it's what we have to do now if we want to have a marketplace store. 

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your thoughts about that matter.

Actually, if you follow this kind of update process, you need about 5 minutes per product, if things work well. And I don't want to rename my boxes, as I still need them as they are, for my in world servers, as I still have in world shops, that support in world locations.

With the magic box, I had no effort to update items. it took me 0 minutes, 0 seconds, as its done automated by my in world server.

Just imagine, I now want to update a deal of products.

With the magic box, it took me no time.

Without, it will take me a complete day. (100 items x 5 minutes = 500 minutes = 8+ hours, not counted the breaks needed.

This I don't like and I do not think that change of workflow is any improovement.

However, in this thread I don't want to learn that I should not change, but about: is there an easy way to go back to the Box as it was possible to go to DD.

There is an other thread about if there is a way for a more convenient process for mass updates.

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

You just don`t get it, magix boxes are going to stop functioning except for unique no copy items

We all will die, even magix boxes for unique items.

As you can read here, magic boxes will at least work for an other 3 weeks. - besides, your comment is off topic.

Mo Noel wrote:

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

You just don`t get it, magix boxes are going to stop functioning except for unique no copy items

We all will die, even magix boxes for unique items.

As you can read
, magic boxes will at least work for an other 3 weeks. - besides, your comment is off topic.

Then just delete everything and stop with your mp shop at all

If you can`t be arsed to set it up now, you won`t be in 3 weeks and all of your items will be delisted by the system for you to have np MP shop.
If my reply was offtopic, then something in your head is derailed, good luck with your non existing shop when we reach the cutoff date, there is no going back...

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

If you can`t be arsed to set it up now, you won`t be in 3 weeks and all of your items will be delisted by the system for you to have np MP shop.

If my reply was offtopic, then something in your head is derailed, good luck with your non existing shop when we reach the cutoff date, there is no going back...

Well mannered language you have - why don't you show it?

Whats your purpose and your profit in getting that rude?

As you might notice from the topic, my shop is migrated to DD.

Thats actually the issue.

The topic is: how to undo the DD-migration.

If you have nothing to say about that, then don't.

if you want to rant about people, open a thread with a topic about that and do it there.

Thank you very much.

><((((º>

DO THIS FIRST:

How do I remove all the Items that are uploaded for direct delivery? 
Select them all and delist them all. Then delete them from the unassociated items.

AFTER THAT ... 

How do I migrate back to the Magic Box?

Put all your products - provided they are priced at $10L or more - back into a Magic Box.  Then upload the product pictures and fill out the product information just like you did when you first

TIA, Nef

PS: Come back here on
and let us know how it's going.

Nefertiti Nefarious wrote:

DO THIS FIRST:

How do I remove all the Items that are uploaded for direct delivery?  Select them all and delist them all. Then delete them from the unassociated items.

Deleting did not work the other days, however today it did.

But still, delisting does not make the item appear in unassociated items. So, I can't delete the item of the unlisted product.

Nefertiti Nefarious wrote:

AFTER THAT ...

How do I migrate back to the Magic Box?  Put all your products - provided they are priced at $10L or more - back into a Magic Box.  Then upload the product pictures and fill out the product information just like you did when you first

TIA, Nef

PS: Come back here on April 16 and let us know how it's going.

This is exaclty what I don't want to do: to touch every single product information.

My objective is to replace all associated items at once, as it can be done when using the Magic Box.

PS: When the Magic box is back working, I would replace all products with vouchers for in world product delivery, to reinstall a zero maintanance update process.

My mistake: YOu have to DELETE the DD products, then you might have to delete them from the unhassociated products. (I don;t want to mess up my store so I can't test it)

This is exaclty what I don't want to do: to touch every single product information.

My objective is to replace all associated items at once, as it can be done when using the Magic Box.

You will have to redo all the listings for the things in the magic box, just as you did when you put them in the original box ... there are no shortcuts.

And then when the Magic Boxes finally go away on April 16th, you can migrate everything back to DD all over again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.