How to buy Linden $ without credit card or paypal?

CeciliaFirehut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot find any acceptable payment method (money transfer, prepaid cards nor direct debit) anywhere on the Linden site. All I can find there is Credit cards and Paypal, which are not acceptable options for the obvious reasons.

Edit: For those of you in the US: Credit cards are extremely uncommon in my country. And the fees and additional effort to get a credit card are not worth the trouble just for an online game.

13 answers to this question

I really don't understand why the LindeX cannot compete with the third party exchanges on payment options and speed of service, I mean the LindeX is far and away the largest exchange, why does it have less options than the smaller exchanges?

I assume it is a security measure. Many times I have heard of people getting Lindens taken out of their accounts by hackers, and the money is returned to them because the thieves were not able to cash out before they were caught.

• Like 1

CeciliaFirehut wrote:

I cannot find any acceptable payment method (money transfer, prepaid cards nor direct debit) anywhere on the Linden site. All I can find there is Credit cards and Paypal, which are not acceptable options for the obvious reasons.

Edit: For those of you in the US: Credit cards are extremely uncommon in my country. And the fees and additional effort to get a credit card are not worth the trouble just for an online game.

I am not sure what country you are in, but a friend of mine lives in Australia and didn't want to use his PayPal account. I gave him information on Greendot pre paid Visa/MC prepaid debit cards because I have customers who pay me with Paypal (I have a PayPal merchant account outside of sl) when they don't have a credit card tied to their PayPal but I never heard if Greendot is world wide. Try searching Greendot Visa and see if you have that where you are, but I would FIRST check with LL billing to make sure they will accept that type of prepaid CC. I know that many people use Walmart cards for SL as Sephina pointed out but she has used that method for some time and I think LL cut down on replacing a payment method or new accounts using them. Good Luck.

Not all greendot, including the walmart ones, actually work all the time. I was helping someone with that issue not too long ago. We tried numerous cards, including different greendot cards, and even the walmart cards, no go. She still can't get it to work.

It really is hit or miss with them. Some people have no problems at all, others have nothing but. I don't think there is any one card, or type of card, that will work consistantly.

Tari Landar wrote:

Not all greendot, including the walmart ones, actually work all the time. I was helping someone with that issue not too long ago. We tried numerous cards, including different greendot cards, and even the walmart cards, no go. She still can't get it to work.

It really is hit or miss with them. Some people have no problems at all, others have nothing but. I don't think there is any one card, or type of card, that will work consistantly.

True, I suggested my friend call LL billing as some prepaid card she had (none of the ones listed) because it kept declining. Billing told her they no longer take pre paid cards, yet I know people who still sign up with them so as you say it is hit or miss which is so odd.

Well honestly, after more than 8 years taking BS from LindenLabs, not to mention pouring tens of thousands euros into it, this pretty much does it. Either they update their outdated Paypal/CC system for Lindex in something like say more of this age and preferably in my own € currency, since - yeah you read it right - not all of us idiots who pour money into it - live in the USA. Their paypal would maybe even do if they didnt require a US type Creditcard for every transaction even if the amount is present in paypal through a bank transfer. I'll just consider it all a big waste and move on, since i'm not about to go to venues and pay people 10L$ (which is downright pityful for those that dont get it) and waste their time as well as mine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.