How to advertise your products if you're new?

shikhady

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Make your own website or blog for your store
  • Use social network sites like Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Youtube and what not
  • Give away your product sample in world
  • Use feed on your web profile
  • Business proposal to other merchants who may be interested in your product line

I think those are common ways for advertising your business for free. I've not tried them though.

When I was new, I used to be standing in popular stores or busy places to show my products and it actually worked! lol

When I was new, I used to be standing in popular stores or busy places to show my products and it actually worked! lol

Someone did that in my shop.  I let it go.

Then a few weeks later, one of my customers happened to be visiting her shop and because that customer of mine was wearing my item, she banned her from the shop.

Customer then came to my group and broadcast the behaviour.

The customer followed the typical practice of telling at least 20 people of a bad experience except in this case it was far far more than 20 that were informed.

Just something to keep in mind.

1) In addition to great previous answers read http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-market-your-products/ta-p/700181

2) Revise your Marketplace items. For example, I would never buy an easter egg if the creator does not say the number of prims (and, probably, if I can not see the easter egg inworld).

Goog luck with your store! :)

For Marketplace search: do NOT use those idiotic symbols in front of your product title like ~+)* and so on.

A lot of merchants do so, but it will make your product harder to show up in search.

- you can use a few good pictures, always include one with standard lighting.

- If the customer can see the product inworld: tell them! and DO put a recent slurl in there.

See if you can team up with others with complimentary products. What I mean by that: if you are making furniture, you might want to team up with a prefab/home builder. Simply link to each other works good for both parties and people that buy furniture need a place to put them, and vise versa. 

Just a few thoughts, hope it helps

Tips are all very good, but CURRENTLY do nothing! Since the marketplace relevance is frozen since 10 days and nobody knows when it switches back to normal (due to lack of communication), your new product will stay at the last page/rank of your store and on one of the last ranks overall and will never come up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.