How do you know if a store is out of business or just hard to find?

Elinah Iredell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to start a thread discussing how miserably hard it is to find some stores in second life. They do not show up in  a search, often the landmarks are outdated and they may not have any presence on the sl marketplace. Many times I have had to find a group that supports them look up the owner of the group and click on their profile picks which usually has a link to their store and yet even that may not work.

Sometimes I was searching to find the creator of  an old demo in my inventory I liked, and sometimes I saw it featrured on a  website about second life . I can tell yiou some stores are very hard to find, while others show up in search quickly and easily. Occasionally while they did not show up in a search they had an advertisement that did show up but that is rare. I just want merchants to realize that their stores may be hard to find and that it is keeping customers away.

Often when I had just about given up that the store was gone I find it., but other times the store actually is gone. How do I know the difference between a store that is out of business and gone from sl and a store that is just  difficult to locate?

I used to be at the top of inworld search in several categories. Then LL destroyed search. Then they destroyed it again. Then a couple more times.

I have not even looked at inworld search in several years now. I assume that although I have over 60 homes on 2.5 sims, I am on something like page 38 of inworld search for homes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.