How do I report a copybotted item on 3rd party website?

adriannesuz McMinnar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you can figure out who owns the site or who the webhosting provider is, you could contact them and simply report it (phone works quite well and be sure and stress that you have all the active files yadayada including the ones (hopefully) that you used while making and kept for backups). Doesn't sound like talking the folks that RUN the website will help much if indeed they are promoting.

IF the host provider is in the US or Canada (or maybe some European countries IDK) it is very unlikely that they want their web hosting business linked to something as illegal as it sounds. If the sight is hosted in russia or one of the other countries who don't seem to care at all -- well then you are just out of luck.

Sorry.

Callum Meriman wrote:

Whois can be used to get the holder of the website

This is just shot in the dark of course, but if the forum happens to have a .co domain name, you have to search at go.co to find the registrar info since whois.com believes that domain name is free (I wonder what happens if somebody tries to register it through whois.com). And if, mind you I say if, the site happens to be hosted by a big U.S. hosting company like ... GoDaddy just to name a random example ... I'm sure they're eager to assist you in any way they can. They can't afford to be associated with illegal activities like that.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.