How do I give someone a gift?

Gazz Galatea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah I should know this by now, but how do I buy something for someone? Seems kind of silly that a pair of shoes would be "no transfer" (no copy I can understand) but I guess creators are worried about resellers? 

Anyway I swear in the marketplace I saw a way to buy something and have it delivered to another persons account.

Now that I want to do that I can't find that option.

If what you want is sold on the Marketplace, then select "Add to Cart as a Gift" on the right hand side of the product description.  You will then get a box to put in the name of the person.  Be sure to use their user name not a display name and type the name exactly as it appears in their profile.  You can just copy and paste it to be sure.  You'll then get a box to add a message to send with the gift.  You can type one there or not.  When done, the item will be in your cart.  Proceed to checkout when you are done shopping and check once again you have the right name.  Then check out.

If you put the wrong name in it won't be delivered or if another avatar has that name then that person will get it.  The person that winds up with it is not obligated to send it to the right person or to you.  The merchant that sells the item isn't obligated to send another one to the correct person unless you pay for it again. That's why it's important to double check the name.

If it's sold in world some vendors have the ability to send items a a gift.  You should see a button on the vendor for this or if you touch the vendor it may give you a menu where giving a gift is an option.  The same thing applies about being sure to use the correct user name.

• Thanks 1

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If what you want is sold on the Marketplace, then select "Add to Cart as a Gift" on the right hand side of the product description. 

Thank you, I thought I saw that before.

I was going to send them the demo to try on first but the demo version does not have that option.

I see it is there on the actual item.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Sirhawksrose said:

i sent check out but it is still showing one item in cart as gift

Check your transaction history if you paid for the thing, then the person you gifted it to should have gotten it. Otherwise, you might not have completed the transaction all the way; checkout again and confirm purchase.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.