Hippo Tech

Ford Carver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello fellow residents, 

I'm posting this to find if anyone has had any issues with Hippo Tech lately (specifically HippoGroups)?

I am wondering as I have purchased on two accounts their Hippo Group service and each time when I have rezzed their server to set up my group I get the following error

"Your hippoGROUPS subscription has expired. Please rez and pay your hippoGROUPS Payment Device."

7 weeks later, I'm still getting a run around by the help desk "blah blah blah waiting for accounting team to confirm your purchase. blah blah blah thank you for your understanding" 

I just wondered if anyone else is having a similar issue? 

Their owner PM Sands doesn't reply to messages in world. Their manager Samos Brissot hasn't been in world since last September. 

The linden paid for their items goes to the old owner Andy Enfield (whom I've dealt with in the past and was kick ass when it came to service) no longer replies to anything Hippo Tech related.

ITS SUPER FRUSTRATING!

Of course Linden Labs is of no support in these matters cause at this point I would be happy to just have back my 4250L 

anyone?

P.s. does anyone know of a similar service group service as a alternative to HippoGroups?

Hippo Tech has a website where you can submit a ticket if there is a problem.

From my experience, it's pretty much impossible to reach someone inworld. I even tried to join their group and well i couldnt get any support either from there;

The best to do is to go to their website in the ticket section and submit a ticket there. You ll get an answer within some days maximum.

I've heard from a lot of people that Hippotech support is about the worst you can get in SL.

I'm glad I decided on Caspertech when I was looking for an inworld vendor system. Support with Caspertech has been A++ premium whenever I had questions, however silly they were.

Actually I have tried using their ticket system. Was taking days or longer to get a response so I foolishly paid for their pro service which should afford me 12hr replies but still takes just as long. As I mentioned before they keep giving me the run around for 7 weeks now.

Just wondered if other have had the same experience and what they did?

Also if by chance there is another company in SL that offers the same HIPPO GROUP (take note of the group part) services?

It really does annoy me that Linden Labs picks and chooses what it puts its nose into and what it doesn't. Clearly I've been ripped off but they are obviously uninterested citing TOS

Well my experience with hippo services hasnt been better than yours.

i had a pb for making the group members connect to their account.

They are supposed to go at hippo's sim and touch a sign wich give them a link and a password.

Pb is that the link they give is a link for the holder of the system not for the members of the groups. So it took me 1 whole week to finally fig out that was the pb.

Meanwhile, i ve been submitting ticket, without success, so like you i paid for the pro service and started to flood them with tickets and well, i started to be less kind in them. So they finally answered and their answer wasnt right.

Once i fig out the pb by myself and the right web adress for the group members can log into their account and manage their group subscriptions, i suggested Hippo's guy to fix the url in their sign. 

Guess what ?

To my knowledge they never did, everytime i went back there, the url was the same.

Aside that the hippo group thing was working fine, but i ve been really happy to never need again anything from their "customer support service" (which can not even been called like that bec the support  is really close to zero). 

And well, after some monthes, i stop needing using this system, as i got it for a specific sl group that i left some monthes after.

Why do u need hippo groups ? Can't this be replaced by a subscribe o matic for example ? or even an inworld mailer ?

It depend your need.

If you are looking for something to use as a group mailer/sender, try Fred Allandale's Subscriber.  Any time I have had a problem (of my own making), Fred contacts me within the hour and patiently talks me through fixing what I messed up. Plus he has several other devices I use.

• 3 weeks later...

Like all things technogical unless they are constanttly being refined and improved, they will be left behind."Hippo" I think of more as a dinosaur now.

You may want to consider how long hippotech has been around, and the level of development that is continuing today. As for customer service your expereince is no different from others.

IMHO and experience write off the cost and look elsewhere. As well as here, ask in-world in merchant groups who has a great product - and customer service.

Best of luck.

An ex hippo-user

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone!

I read that many people have difficulties and the suggestion to contact the support. I wrote on november asking how to buy a gift cards system compatible but i am still waiting for an answer. 

May be anyone does know if are Gift cards System working with Hippo vendors? Or if in somewhere Hippo tech sells that?

I know Casper system gives it, but i should change about 400 vendors and it sounds really hard.

Thanks for reading and MANY thanks for answering with good news!

Here - link.  Though, after reading this post, I fail to see why you wouldn't make the effort to switch to a system which will actually provide you with support should you need it.  After all, it'd probably be more time consuming than it'd be difficult.  And it might save you some time and headaches in the long run.

...Dres

I use Old Newman vendor system for years.

It gives me 100 % satisfaction from day 1 and on top the creator is really nice person, and always open to new suggestion for improving his system.

Its really simple to use, and all you ll have to do is rezz a server and add a script inside each of your vendors and set price. You will also need to rezz the gift cards with the ammount you wish, but the system makes it really easy and you can do this within a few minutes.

You can find this creator in the MP i think.

I appears that Hippo Tech has closed. I have 9 day old support tickets even with their pro service that cost me L$1250 and promises 12 hour response. Nobody can get into their store, there is a L$ banner across it. Their online rent system isnt working, I'm starting to get some upset renters that will end up cost me revenue. Think of all the SL people that are affected by this!  What really is upsetting is that they are still taking peoples money.

• 4 months later...

I have been trying for two weeks to get a response from Hippo.  They have blocked and banned the store, and some of my hippo rent boxes are not working now. I have paid them many Linden dollars for a system that is now failing and they will NOT anser me , even though I paid for a Pro Suppoert.   Can anyone help with answers. Are they closed.? 

Hey Ima! Haven't talked with you in ages. My suspicions are that Hippo is out of the SL business. Their servers stopped working/responding for my rentals. They took my money for premium support and it's been months since I submitted my tickets with not a word from them. I had to replace all rent boxes, vendors, and other custom scripting that I had in place. I had renters complaining about expiration dates not getting updated and refunds were taking place without my authorization. So I had to rush with a replacement system. Run, don't walk, to a new system. I settled on Casper. Their in world responses have been excellent without having to pay extra and the system seems to be more robust in features. Give me a shout in IM and we can chat if you need to know more. Summary: my experience shows that Hippo no longer provides support for in-world or outside services.

Willie !!!! so good to hear you , and today the website is down. Three days agao I paurchased the new rental system as you did, same company, and I will message you for some help setting it up. I am infuriated Hippo is still selling on Marketplace , again I purchased Pro, and more rent boes , and "pood" all gone. I have had to close one sim, spoke with Lindens time and again, and irrate renters in truck loads. I don't blame them but I can;t fix it either.  What a mess they have left for us and other renters.. not to mention money gone..... poof. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.