HELP! Selling from Magic Boxes

Miltades

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I've been selling Gatcha items from my magic box as, it seems to be the only way to do it. I've never been able to sell them from my merchant outbox via the viewer.

BUT. Recently a bunch of items got removed because they were flagged as 'spam'. It is true I list multiples of the same gatcha items. Simply because I didn't know there was a way to sell the same item multiple times from your magic box. 

Can someone please explain to me how to sell no copy items of the same thing, via my magic box? The magic box automatically renames them to have a number after the name. I also can't see a way to 'link' these extra items to a listing to the marketplace knows they are the same item. 

The items marked as 'spam' have also all been removed from my magic box as well. I can't see a way to recover them. Second life being what it is. Has anyone else experienced this loss of product?

Thank you

Wait until feb 2015 when LL will replace magic boxes with viewer managed marketplace. Oh wait, the project is late.

I don't know if any way to do what you wanted other than how you did, LL droids removed stuff without engaging brain, nothing new there.

I doubt you'll get the items back either.

• Moderators

Miltades wrote:

Hello,

I've been selling Gatcha items from my magic box as, it seems to be the only way to do it. I've never been able to sell them from my merchant outbox via the viewer.

BUT. Recently a bunch of items got removed because they were flagged as 'spam'. It is true I list multiples of the same gatcha items. Simply because I didn't know there was a way to sell the same item multiple times from your magic box. 

Can someone please explain to me how to sell no copy items of the same thing, via my magic box? The magic box automatically renames them to have a number after the name. I also can't see a way to 'link' these extra items to a listing to the marketplace knows they are the same item. 

The items marked as 'spam' have also all been removed from my magic box as well. I can't see a way to recover them. Second life being what it is. Has anyone else experienced this loss of product?

Thank you

Greetings!

Limited Quantity Items cannot be uploaded to the Marketplace using the Merchant Outbox.  At this time the Magic Box must still be used to sell No Copy Limited Quantity items on the Marketplace website.

If you have multiple copies of a Limited Quantity Item, you will need to rez multiple Magic Boxes then place one copy of the item into each Magic Box.

If you have 3 copies of the item to sell, rez 3 Magic Boxes, and place one copy in each of the 3 boxes.  

On the Edit Listing Page set the Quantity Availble field to 3.  

When a product is unlisted or removed/blocked on the Marketplace the item should not be removed from your Magic Box.

You may view your Magic Box Status page to see the items that are being reported as being inside of your Magic Boxes.

https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=adminservers

• Moderators

Sassy Romano wrote:

Nice to see you here Dakota, any news when LL is going to get off it's collective like-a-donkey to finish the already late project - Viewer Managed Marketplace?

Hello Sassy,

Support does not have information regarding the status of the Viewer Managed Marketplace.  

• Moderators

Miltades wrote:

Thank you Dakota, that was very informative!

I am wondernig however, for the non modify objects, how this system will work. As the system has added a number at the end of the name I am unable to remove.

Hi Miltades!

There is more work involved when the name of the item has been updated.  When the original copy without a number is sold, you will need to edit the listing and link one of the copies with a number to the original listing. 

This will need to be done each time the item sells until there are no more copies that have the appended number in the name.

Hey Dakota, nice to see a Linden in the forums.

By the way, did you have to log in several times because you were logged out by the system, and have to try several times before you could finish a post?

Or perhaps those things don't happen to Lindens, which might explain why LL does not seem interested in fixing those annoying problems which recent "development/maintenance" work on the forums has caused...

Whether the items are all in one magic box or one per magic box, how does the original poster avoid the items incorrectly being removed by LL agents who upheld erroneous flagging for item spam since this was the main issue of the thread.

I do understand that support doesn't have the authority to post details of project updates but would it be any trouble to suggest that someone on the project come and update their thread with up to date info.

• Moderators

Sassy Romano wrote:

Whether the items are all in one magic box or one per magic box, how does the original poster avoid the items incorrectly being removed by LL agents who upheld erroneous flagging for item spam since this was the main issue of the thread.

I do understand that support doesn't have the authority to post details of project updates but would it be any trouble to suggest that someone on the project come and update their thread with up to date info.

Hello Sassy,

Under the Marketplace Listing Guidelines, the duplicate listings for the same item are spam. 

Rezzing multiple Magic Boxes and placing a copy into each of the boxes will allow linking all of the items to a single listing at one time. 

• Moderators

LlazarusLlong wrote:

By the way, did you have to log in several times because you were logged out by the system, and have to try several times before you could finish a post?

Or perhaps those things don't happen to Lindens, which might explain why LL does not seem interested in fixing those annoying problems which recent "development/maintenance" work on the forums has caused...

Hi LlazarusLlong!

Lindens do not normally participate in conversations in the User Forums :)

The only time I have to log into the forums is when my session times out if I am away too long.

You can try the standard fixes of clearing your browsers cache and cookie files then logging back into the forums and allowing the cookie to be re-set in the browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Dakota Linden wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Hi 
LlazarusLlong!

Lindens do not normally participate in conversations in the User Forums
:)

The only time I have to log into the forums is when my session times out if I am away too long.

You can try the standard fixes of clearing your browsers cache and cookie files then logging back into the forums and allowing the cookie to be re-set in the browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Hi Dakota. The forum sign in process is badly broken. Clearing browser cache and cookies help nothing at all. Somebody in Linden Lab has changed something and has broken things. The issue appears to affect everybody, you can see this from the froum links in the BUG report.

It would be really cool if the sign in process was fixed back to the earlier state when everything worked all right. :smileyhappy:

A BUG report has been been created on March 4, 2015. No Linden has had time to do anything about it so far. The BUG report status is still "Awaiting Review". You guys must be very busy there with other issues I guess?

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8953

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.