Gift button Possible theft?

LovedWarrior Quan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I had a gift button I used in my shop and today when I was standing in a club people said they were getting a " gift button" gift under my name offering my products.

How can this happen? The only gift buttons I had are in my inventory and I only used them in my shop. I have to put a product in it and put a price on it and when a person clicks it, they can put their friends name and pay and the gift goes to their friend. 

I do not have them in my shop only in my inventory. How can this box work directly from my inventory, find the names of people around me in a club when I am just standing there and send gifts to people?

I deleted all of the gift buttons in my inventory and they are all sitting in Trash right now.

What else can I do please?

Is it possible some stole it from my shop with a flower in it and sending free gifts to people? The thing is when u use the box, u actually have to click on it and pay the price of the flower and then it gives you the flower. 

I don't know this can happen. Also all my flowers are copy and modify so how does it even delivers it?

LovedWarrior Quan

no items can work directrly from your inventory. the post for me is a little confing - just how my brain interprets things unfortunately.

all i can think of is that you wore the button by mistake? as it is impossible for an item in your inventory to do anything other than collect dust unless it is in world somehow (rezed or worn).

it is possible to wear something and not see it due to various SL bugs. that is the only thing i can think of which may have happened. unless i am reading your question wrong (very likely).

an item can be gifted with mod/copy/no transfer permissions as the item is delivered directly to the recipient of the gift. it does not go to the person buying it and then to the gift recipient afterwards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.