Gatcha

Kyra Hastings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello my name is Kyra.

First of all i must say i love gatcha items specialy clothes.

Its the people who seel them ....

Please please please tell us what your selling!!!  wich item is in the BOX ????

We allready know that your NOT the creator ETC ETC ETC.

But you CAN tell us what item your selling so people dont buy wrong color, item.size..single item or complete set  and go on.

I have  3 incomplete gatcha sets...1 wrong size...and bought 4 items much to expensive because i thought it was the complete set.

So allthough i love gatcha  it costs TO much money because the sellers mesh things up :)

So for 2016..... do things better .. XXX

Being a gacha merchant myself I have seen some of the less the stellar practices of other merchants. Your best bet is to buy with a reputable merchant or ask to see it in world. Most honest sellers will do it. If you can't seem to find the info you need IM the seller. If you still can't get it, then your best bet is to not buy it. A lot of times we just skim over things and don't see it already listed. I very rarely come across someone who doesn't list what they actually have. For one big reason, people will NOT buy it.  That's why we list as much as we can.

As for when you are talking about you know we aren't the creator. Some people don't know. I teach people about gachas every day. Some people don't even know they exist or how they work. All of my items say we aren't the creator, do not buy this offline, and you have to contat LL if it gets lost. That way people know the risk they are taking. If you buy a gahca from anywhere you are taking a risk of it not getting to you or not being what you bought, Always check what you are buying BEFORE you spend money on it.hants. 

Maybe look over the post again. I think the OP is talking about buying gachas has on MP that are being resold. And therefore is not one of the idiots you are mentioning. Maybe ease up because a case could be made for buying directly from a gacha vendor. So many of you top poster are strung really tight and quick to snark. 

I understand the complaint the op is making. But I try to keep in mind that the residents reselling are not 'professionals', and maybe unfamiliar with a somewhat difficult MP.  I second the notion that most resellers don't seem to be trying that hard. 

It such a crap shoot buying gachas on MP. Fraud occurs. Used items can be adulterated and/ or misshapen.  I still do buy .  Just take a leap of faith.

And to be fair, some very VERY high profile merchants seemed to have forgotten to mention simple things like COLOR (when that is the only difference).

I was at a resale yard last month for The Arcade and wanted to buy "an item". There were plenty of "items" but not one of them told you what the color was.

Resellers do need to add that info -- if they HAVE that info. Plenty of places to point fingers. I only buy what I know I am buying. You can look inside an object with the build menu and see the contents. That sometimes helps -- but only inworld.

While I do agree that resellers need to add the info they have I want to point out for reference (Not to you Chic) That we don't always have the info. I get gachas sent to me all the time to put in my store and I have no earthly idea what they are or where they came from. It doesn't mean we don't try. However if you have something from an extremely old gacha or not a very popular one it can be nearly impossible to get more info then whats listed on the box/item

Just like playing a gahca, buying them at yard sales holds a risk. You may not get what you are thinking you are getting. I feel that what you are selling should be the right item but that's not always the case. There are people out there who still cheat people and thats where the buyer's personal responsibitliy kicks in. You can do things like Chic said ad check whats inside the object and that can make you a bit more safe. But it all comes down to if you decide to purchase or  not.  

High Profile does not always mean good or honest. 

I'm a professional designer since 09. Sometimes I sell my extra gotchas.  For me... It's to just get rid of them.  But before you snark at unprofessional sellers,  keep in mind, some are professionals.  It's not my responsibility to educate people about everything sold in Second Life.keep in mind some boxed gochas don't give much information for the resellers.  Go to the arcade and buy your gotchas during the seasons, and avoid resellers. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.