Direct Delivery - Updating Product Box - Problem

Circe Ishtari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone :)

I did switch to the direct delivery a few days ago, that worked with help of some people from this forum (thanks again).

Now I have this problem:

- I did upload yesterday the product (example name) "box 01" and created the listing, published it.

- Today I found out, there is a mistake in product box content, so I did an update.

- Uploaded this updated box again via merchant outbox to the marketplace (same filename as before)

- Uploaded and updated "box 01" appears at unassociated item listing

(here alreay it should hook in and link automatically the new box, since it is the same filename, bit doesn't)

- As we did at the migration, I emptied this list then, was hoping it did automatically "link" the new uploaded box

- Tried a redelivery.. I get the box with old content which is not what I want ^^

I thought that the "upload" of a NEW product box will REPLACE the uploaded box from before, it has the exact same filename but this seems not to work anymore like the magic box.  In a magic box i could just remove old box, put in the new and all was done.

EDIT/Update:

After I wrote this, I tried another way, changing the filename of the product box (to i.e. box01_UPD), uploaded this one and did edit the existing item. Edit Associated... I can not select the new updated box from the list because it does nto appear appearing list, so that I could associate the updated box with the existing product/box.

So basically we just have to delete the existing product listing and create a completely new one, just for an update?

If so, that is a great disappointment because I did pay classified ad/main page ad and category ad for this items already which will be lost... so creating a new product listing is absolutely no option.

The default behavior on this really needs to be changed so that if we upload a new folder to DD that has the same name as an existing DD listing, it will overwrite that existing listing. Manually associating the new upload is yet another example of too many clicks needed to perform tasks on Marketplace.

Thank you Darrius^^

I did all that steps but there is one point I did not do like that. I was using the search in that appearing box list of Step 6

"Step 6 – Locate and Choose the Update Folder" in that document you posted here. I used the search because my list is very long to scroll (I know, there are people with 4000+ products, must be a pain to scroll).

If I do use the search, the NEW updated product do not appear there. I also do not understand why this list loads all products and not just the current unassociated ones? I'am sorry for my bad english and hope it is a bit understandable.

So, if you do not use search, it works and at the very end of the listing you will find the new product you want to associate, maybe helpful for others to know.

Totally agreed. I don't know if there is a feature request JIRA for this, because once all the problems started showing up we stopped thinking about the stuff we wanted and now are just waiting for the beast to function as it should in a basic manner, i.e. show the right listings on the right store page... :( 

I did mention this in my survey response, though.  I thought, it would be good perhaps to have an "Are you sure?" dialog in this case just to ensure that in the case of an accidental upload it wouldn't automatically overwrite the old folder/box, but one click for "are you sure" would be much better than having to track down the listing, go into edit it to reassociate it, etc. 

Arkesh Baral wrote:

The default behavior on this really needs to be changed so that if we upload a new folder to DD that has the same name as an existing DD listing, it will overwrite that existing listing. Manually associating the new upload is yet another example of too many clicks needed to perform tasks on Marketplace.

It is kind of sad that not only is DD a total mess, but it was rolled out with LESS features than we have with Magic Boxes.

But I'm with the others that have suggested that all of the other problems be corrected first.  Right now MP, even those like me who are still trying to sell via magic boxes, is broken.

Circe Ishtari wrote:

Thank you Darrius^^

I did all that steps but there is one point I did not do like that. I was using the search in that appearing box list of Step 6

"Step 6 – Locate and Choose the Update Folder" in that document you posted here. I used the search because my list is very long to scroll (I know, there are people with 4000+ products, must be a pain to scroll).

If I do use the search, the NEW updated product do not appear there. I also do not understand why this list loads all products and not just the current unassociated ones? I'am sorry for my bad english and hope it is a bit understandable.

So, if you do not use search, it works and at the very end of the listing you will find the new product you want to associate, maybe helpful for others to know.

You're welcome.

The Commerce Dev Team has added a 5-minute delay from the time a DD folder is uploaded until it is available in the Unassociated Items list. That is why Search doesn't find it right away. If you upload a replacement folder then wait five minutes, it will show up with Search.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Circe Ishtari wrote:

Thank you Darrius^^

You're welcome.

The Commerce Dev Team has added a 5-minute delay from the time a DD folder is uploaded until it is available in the Unassociated Items list. That is why Search doesn't find it right away. If you upload a replacement folder then wait five minutes, it will show up with Search.

This ^^ is exactly correct.  There is a 5 minute delay between uploading and it being available in the Edit Associated list.  Darrius is correct.  I've been doing a lot of updating as well, and what I do is:

1)  Upload 2 items

2)  Wait the 5 minutes

3)  Go in and edit the 1st item (permissions, description, photos, etc)

4)  Reassociate it with the new upload

5)  Click Update at the bottom

6)  Go back to the SL viewer and upload the next item

7)  Go back to the web browser and delete the old item which will now be in the unassociated list

8)  Do a Test Delivery to make sure it's good

9)  Go to step 3 and begin again

By the time you get those steps in that order done, the 2nd item you uploaded with the 1st will be ready in the Edit Associated list.

Of course, this only works if you have a lot of updates to perform.  If you just have one...you're gonna have to upload and then wait. 

Josh Susanto wrote:

Thank you for posting your list, Marcus, which is very clear.

9 steps seems like a lot, but you've probably included them all, which I tend to appreciate as a non-intuitive user.

Howdy, Josh.  You're welcome.  It's only 9 steps once.  The first two are to just get the first set uploaded so I only have to wait the five minutes once.  After that, things move pretty quickly.  Keep in mind though, this is how I update listings.  This isn't for migrating.  I'm switching over to foldered items instead of boxed on most things. 

Before I thought of this, I was bringing up my Yahtzee game and throwing some rounds while I wanted 5 minutes each time.  LOL!  Then I thought...there's gotta be a better way.  O.M.G.!  Upload 2 at a time!  I'd been doing one at a time so I didn't lose my place or have a BUNCH of unassociated that I couldn't bulk delete again.  I went through that once already. 

And yes...that's all the steps I take.  After step one and two being done once, it goes down to 7 steps.  Heheh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.