Decline in sales?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, something happened. Could have something to do with the craziness of the stock market and people's fears, but most likely, LL changed something.

This is my biggest beef with LL. They don't tell us anything. Heck, they release viewers without release notes. What if I just released new products with no instructions, and did them whenever I felt like it? This is what LL does. In my opinion, LL should explain, in detail, any change they make to the system that could, in anyway, impact any merchants. No matter what that is. If they change even 1 tiny thing in the search, they should document this publically to us, not hide it away in wikis or whatever, where we will have no chance at all of finding it. They are definitely way too relaxed about changes they make.

I have seen a slight decrease since March or so but it's normal for the season. Now during European summer vacation i only have seen sales go up, specially those items supported by mesh regions such as mega primmed objects and such. In your case i recommend to do the same since you sell high quality living.

Do mind that you need to keep your search criteria up-to-date frequently also. Specially since we have had many changes in search.

Lol, stupid me, I was logged into the Marketplace, so I thought "no problem here" - so I logged out to test if I could log back in and now I can't :(

Yes, my sales were quite light yesterday, and it would appear that will continue today until people can actually get into the Market to shop.

I have a very stable weekly Sale Volume for a long history - over a year.  On a weekly basis my sales almost never deviates more than 10% - 15% (usually 5% or less).  So when I see a week where my weekly sales volume drops 50%+ , something is wrong.

Well for the past 1.5 weeks, this has been the case.  It does occassionally happen for me.  3 weeks prior to Christmas and thru New years day my sales usually plumet.  This is an understandable and explainable BAD period for my product line as Landscape Sim builders seem to take a rest or get distracted SL or RL.  But when it happens outside it this slow period, then something is wrong.  Specially when the drop is sudden.

Something has happened in SLM / SL that is affecting my SLM/Inworld sales dramatically for the past week and a half.

I hope this is not because of LL experimenting with DD deployments or some other secret SLM changes that are technically stopping my customers from getting to my store.  BUT the fact that others are also noticing a dramatic noticable drop this past week tells me that the LL Commerce Team must be at play and impacting us.

seems this Grid Server upgrade is not an "Average Joe" low risk to rezzed assets or service type of upgrade.  The fact that LL is mentioning in their GRID STATUS upgrade to save all builds is very scary ! 

I am sooooo royally ticked off that LL is executing a serious potentially sim disrupting / damaging upgrade and they only made a grid-wide warning to all residents a few hours before they start.

Do they not think that some of us have RL jobs and there is no way we can get to the grid in time to save our builds???

Come on LL!!!  Atleast give us 24 hours GRID-STATUS warning for changes of this magnitude.

Wow - what a half baked immature company.

We all do in the summer aka, the Summer Slump however, my sales dropped to near 0 over the weekend which is very unusual since weekends are good for me as people decorate their homes on the weekends generally. 

People are outside and doing other things and as such, Internet Sales across the board are down in the summer which is normal but yes, there has been a sudden drop to near 0.

My sales have been better then other summers but I think in large part that's due to some aggressive marketing and a new full sim store.

My sales were average.

In general I sell about 80% on the Marketplace and 20% in world. Yesterday it was about 60% on Marketplace and 40% in world. But those days happens now and then. Sometimes there are big shoppers that buy about half of the available merchandise in the store, those customers have influence on the percentage of sales coming from the main store.

"Summer Slump" should correlate in some way to places where Summer is warm.

I don't know what proportion of sales are from other places, but the SLM fee structure probably discourages US buyers from purchasing my items in the first place, so it sort of makes some sense that declines in sales due to warm weather wouldn't affect me as much, and, indeed, they seem not to.

I'm also not sure how many SL users are Chinese, or whether they would be as supersitious as other Chinese, but Lunar August is not a good month for them to make big decisions or begin or end processes, and I know that this has some affects on people doing business with Chinese, as well. 

Well, it seems to me that inworld search changed again. All of a sudden, I'm some 50 places back from where I was. Top this with all the marketplace problems, and this explains my sudden drop in sales. This is really getting to the point of insanity. I think I'll just stop banging my head against LL's brick wall, lol. Not much any1 can do. LL will just keep screwing around until they wipe us all out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.