DD sends Empty Folder?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just received a message from a SLM customer who says that the folder that they received via DD is empty.  The item that they purchased is a very popular one which was converted to DD in March and I've never had a problem with it.  Perhaps I've missed it but I've never heard of empty folders being sent.

Have you heard of an empty folder being delivered by DD?

Thanks!

no copy/no mod/no transfer...............Should be mod/copy.............

I lost over 100 items on the transfer and had to manually change 150.I now have 450 odd working but must now check each one for permissions..........

I took the magic boxes into my inventory yesterday and thought that was it.Today I got an email from LL saying that I should replace them or I might lose sales ! I thought that was the point of DD. NO MAGIC BOXES!

Net result 16 hours of slog and looks like the rest of the  weekend trying to sort out the mess.My confidence in this set up is at an all time low.

Blot, that email may have been from the old Xstreet site telling you something is wrong with the MB's (it can't locate them since you picked them up). Make sure to go to the old site (Merchant Home -> Magic Box Status) and delete any of the Magic Boxes from there manually that you have also deleted from inworld.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

I haven't heard that issue yet.

Did you try redelivering to her to see if it arrives complete on a second try (assuming it's a copy item)?

As luck would have it, it's a Mod/No Copy/Trans item :)

I did a test delivery and it showed up in my inventory with no problems.  I left the customer a message suggesting that she re-log to see if it shows up but haven't heard back from her yet.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Well I imagine it's like those who claim they got an empty box (and it only happens with transfer items). Highly unlikely but what can you do?  I don't think there is any way to get rid of this particular complaint.

I left her a message asking her to re-log and see if it shows up.  If she replies that it did not, I will send one to her manually and make a note of the transaction.  We'll see how it goes :)

The customer bought another one from the SLM which showed up in the folder. 

She says that the sim closed down right when she was opening the folder and she crashed.  When she returned the folder was empty and clearing cache plus a re-log didn't restore it.  Go figure. 

I don't know if this is a SL fluke or what but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

ETA: She also appears to be having other inventory problems so I don't know it that's related or not.

There's no way to know -- but I would not think a sim crash would affect inventory. Maybe, who knows?

I do have ppl who contact me over and over, who do not seem to understand that they have a persistant inventory problem.  I also have quite a few ppl who do not know about inventory search -- they poke around and don't see something so contact me, but don't realize that they could type a word in search.  Just so many things going on it is impossible to tell why someone can't find something. The most common one the last few days for me has been "I rezzed it inworld and it vanished."

Pamela Galli wrote:

Well I imagine it's like those who claim they got an empty box (and it only happens with transfer items). Highly unlikely but what can you do?  I don't think there is any way to get rid of this particular complaint.

If that's the case, I'm really glad (based on my thread inquiring what people prefer in permissions) that I have changed all my items to mod/copy. (Transfer permissions upon request. :))

Pamela Galli wrote:

There's no way to know -- but I would not think a sim crash would affect inventory. Maybe, who knows?

I do have ppl who contact me over and over, who do not seem to understand that they have a persistant inventory problem.  I also have quite a few ppl who do not know about inventory search -- they poke around and don't see something so contact me, but don't realize that they could type a word in search.  Just so many things going on it is impossible to tell why someone can't find something. The most common one the last few days for me has been "I rezzed it inworld and it vanished."

I agree, Pamela.  There's just no way to know.  I suspect that they do have a persistant inventory problem and it really wouldn't be that cost effective for me to try to troubleshoot something like that for them. 

Interesting about the "rezzed it inworld and it vanished" as I had a tenant tell me that recently.  She rents from me but what she rezzed wasn't one of my creations.  She apparently rezzed a boxed dress and it disappeared.  This happend to her twice.  Sigh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.