Curtains are adult now?

Zanne Boucher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've struggled trying to figure out how LL decides what words are "adult" and which aren't for years now.  Apparently today, my bedroom curtains are offensive...

Could someone please tell me what part of this description is considered "adult" so I can change -it and get on with my life?

----------------------------------------------------

This is just a very large monotone decorative item to cover a section of wall. It comes with both a lit and unlit version, 12LI and 18LI respectively. It is mod so you can size it to fit your ceiling height.

This set comes in monotone colors and features wrought iron details for the windows and a frosted leafy texture for the glass. The curtains are White and dark gray, and again they are mod, so you may color them if you so wish.

The lights in the lit version do not give off any light, but you can set them for that purpose if you like. They just sort of shine and twinkle. As ever, if you have any questions or problems, please feel free to IM me inworld.

A bit of advice....don't try to figure out the adult or naughty word list, it'll drive you insane. The powers that be at LL don't even understand their own list, and they sure as heck aren't explaining it to us mere peons anytime soon.

If you do a quick search here, you will find lots of threads discussing this matter. You will also find loads of words that make absolutely no sense, which trigger the adult flag. We have had numbers, names, letters, and obscure things up the wazoo. My own name sometimes triggers the adult flag(Tari, is apparently, a bad word, but only sometimes). The word hat has triggered it more times for me than I care to count.

In all honesty, it's probably the worst, and longest, game of hide and seek I have ever played, and apparently the list is winning, because it has never been found ;) 

Over the years I have noticed that primarily abbreviations and letter-number combinations trigger the adult rating. This is yet another case where the abbreviation "LI" was the culprit.

And on a side note, we may have just discovered why the Marketplace listings still refer to "Prim Count" rather than "Land Impact". *giggle*

• Moderators

Zanne Boucher wrote:

Sorry, so apparently "
12LI and 18LI respectively" is adult.  I changed it to "12 Land Impact and 18 Land Impact, respectively", and it worked.  

Just rolling my eyes here.... ffs...

Hello Zanne!

Thank you for posting your findings regarding the text that was triggering the Maturity Ratings filters for your items on the Second Life Marketplace.

This should now be corrected and you should have no further difficulty using those texts in your product listing without the system triggering the more restrictive rating.

If you run across more text that triggers the filters incorrectly, please let us know so that we can correct the issue as quickly as possible.

• Moderators

Tari Landar wrote:

A bit of advice....don't try to figure out the adult or naughty word list, it'll drive you insane. The powers that be at LL don't even understand their own list, and they sure as heck aren't explaining it to us mere peons anytime soon.

If you do a quick search here, you will find lots of threads discussing this matter. You will also find loads of words that make absolutely no sense, which trigger the adult flag. We have had numbers, names, letters, and obscure things up the wazoo. My own name sometimes triggers the adult flag(Tari, is apparently, a bad word, but only sometimes). The word hat has triggered it more times for me than I care to count.

In all honesty, it's probably the worst, and longest, game of hide and seek I have ever played, and apparently the list is winning, because it has never been found
;)

Hello Tari,

Thank you for your comments regarding the Second Life Maturity Ratings filters.

As with all things digital, especially filter lists, they are a living entitity that must be cared for constantly.

While a full list of what triggers the ratings filter is obviously not something that will be made public, if anyone find words that are triggering the filters incorrectly, Linden Lab will correct the issue as quickly as possible IF we are notifiied.

The most appropriate way to notify Linden Lab of the issue is to file a Bug Report.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

Alternately, a Support Case may also be submitted.

https://support.secondlife.com

Posting to the forums is not normally a good way to alert Linden Lab to the issue, since the forums are specifically for the users to communicate with each other.

However, in this case, I happened to be looking through the forums this morning and spotted this thread and we were able to get the issue resolved quickly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.