Coincidence?

Josh Susanto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Word of mouth lost + other shoppers walk and don't keep buying other items and you end up with most of the market not engaging and possibly even warning others. Now I remember why I really need to open my store again and just throw up construciton signs and "coming soon" type of signage. :(

I can't help but think these increases in delivery errors has to do with some pre-migration from the new system dev to production but I don't really know the insides of their dev environment other then they often release stuff that isn't working yet LOL.

On the other hand, my MP sales have been great lately and I don't know why but I aint complaining! And no delivery issues.

Where I seem to be having issues these days is people teleporting to my sim.  Seems like its a 50/50 chance it will work (even for me).

Conclusion?  Perhaps it's not MP at all and moreover, the server network the sims are on and where we store our "Magic Boxes".

No delivery probs here.

You might monitor the Time Dialtion for lag on the region your Magic Box is located.

I went around last week looking for a place to host my Magic Box and some of those places had atrocious lag which will affect deliveries.   :-)

12 hours, seriously?  I read this and then went to log into SL for some fun and got an update.  It's update day.  If people don't update and reboot and do all those kinds of *yawn* *boring* *too lazy to update or reboot* things, then yes they will get delivery failures.

Anyhow, it sounds like Chelsea has more info for you then what I would know.  I'm not a merchant.  My name came about because I wanted something that started with May or Mae and has no relation to the Maya software I read about somewhere here on SL.  I never heard of Maya software before I visited this forum; so my name is a huge coincidence for real.   

Thanks.

I probably didn't spot the notice because it's mixed in with a bunch of notices I can't shut off that say a bunch of people are ordering things and then not receiving them.

I do feel pretty stupid for not spotting the notice, but I still feel smarter than I probably would if the mix also  included a bunch of reminders to pay to renew listing enhancement on products that are not being delivered.

Of course proper updating is very revelevant as is rebooting.  Two updates ago, people were having a horrible time just logging in to SL at all.  That was the suckiest update I've encountered which was two updates ago.  Last night when I was on SL, log in after update was good, but SL stole my leg, wouldn't let me rez anything in my home and I had my rental tag on but kept getting a message "cannot rez" in my own home, then tp's wouldn't work, so I got an invite and they had to manually try to tp me, then the hostess had no hair and could not rez anything on her avatar, lost her hair, her shoes, her wedding ring.  We still had fun despite all that, but today I have not checked viewer and I hope I will be able to rez stuff (have not checked viewer again yet, however).   Plus some updates cause a lot of crashing or unable to log in problems.   So all that updating stuff has an importance to avoiding a failed delivery.

However, it sounds like MP has a bug of some sort.  Still not sure how v2 is working, but last night after updating it was horrible!

I always check my viewer and reboot before I even consider checking out of MP.  I always do both those steps to help avoid any delivery failures whether my end or SL end.  Yet, this sounds like a bug.  V2 might have a bug, too, because no rezzing and inventory loss on avatars.  I did finally get my leg back after about an hour and a half and that's about all I know for now.  I'm going inworld now to see if I can rez items in my home (and yes my rental tag was on).  Also, if the hostess lost her hair, wedding ring, and shoes; those are all scripted items? hmmmmmmm, there was a script problem last night after update for some reason?   Going inworld now, will report later if I can't rez stuff in my own home.  If I can rez stuff in my own home, then things are getting a lot better than last night! 

The last two days, my sales have been solidly up, up & up! Yay! Delivery seems very smooth and consistent.

Yesterday however, I got an isolated case, potentially a new type of delivery issue.... something that really made me think.

I got a customer complaining about inworld delivery issue... hands me transaction data for item purchase inworld, money went somewhere, but this transaction is NOT on my pages. No record. This person is either a very dumb fraudster (as I will be getting Linden Lab to trace this & they don't take kindly to fraud!) or we have very serious transaction issues now, even inworld, with product and L$ not being delivered.

Anyone else seen a similar issue lately? Even if this is only happening very rare, its a big issue! :matte-motes-stress:

I haven't seen any marketplace delivery failures at all, but then again I have the most-paranoid-ever high-redundancy system set up.

Proud to say it appears fairly robust, breezing through these glitchy days :matte-motes-sunglasses-2:

Yes, this was reported on another forum (which you read).  The item was delivered and in the order history but did not appear in transaction history. Dakota credited the amount, so it was not a case where the date was wrong or something -- it simply was not credited,

I don't feel like comparing these every day but that's the only way to catch it.

I found a discrepancy between the SLM transactions and the LL transaction history.  A customer complained that she never received a part of an order and on SLM all transactions on this order showed as failed and UNPAID...  but,, the customer did receive about half of the items of the failed deliveries (UNPAID)  .. so I checked my SL history and found that indeed I was paid for some of the items delivered but they did not register in the SLM sales history.. and.. they were not the same ones that she said she received.. talk about dudududududududu...

The delivery problems happen because of issues between LL's servers Mayalily.  Viewers and end users' computers are not implicated in the stages of the process where the deliveries tend to fail. 

@Wade

I had a similar problem to the one described by VonGklugelstein Alter.  I noticed a delivery flagged as failed in my marketplace records, and as having not been paid for (and so not available for redelivery).  I had lindens that I could not otherwise account for so I checked my transaction records on my account dashboard and I had certainly been paid for the transaction.  I could not find the end user in-world despite trying to find them in search over several days so never did confirm whether or not they got their order. 

Well, we're going to have agree to disagree on that one.  'Cuz there ain't no way I'm checking out of Marketplace until I check viewer, etc.  I try to avoid a delivery failure at all costs 'cuz I don't want to have to IM all the creators about a failed delivery. 

So we have to agree to disagree completely on this subject. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.