Breedables Product Category Needed

Judy Chestnut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently the only category that a breedable product can be placed in is Animals --> Breedable Pets. At the time of writing this post, there are 17,844 items listed under the sub category of breedable pets.  There are a couple of problems with this:

1.  Breedables is now a large enough market to warrant it's own main category, as there a quite a few main categories that have significantly less than 17,000 items posted in them.

2. Not all breedables are animals or would necessarily be even considered pets.

3. All different types of items are clumped together under this category so you have to go through pages and pages to see everything.

I would suggest the following category hierarchy:

Breedables

Animals

Food

Habitats

Other

Mythical

Food

Habitats

Other

Other

Food

Habitats

Other

I think its awesome idea. The Breedable Community is so wide it would make sense to have their own catigory. Personaly don't understand and wonder why it has never been done already. I like to thank Dwarfins Team for bringing this concern and idea to the table. Let  work together and make a diffrance and a improvement.

Huntress Breedables

Yes, I agree this is a great idea. I am a non-breedable pets seller and I suggested the same exact idea to LL many many months ago. At that time most major SL pet merchants signed onto the initiative in agreement this is a good idea.

Then LL did nothing... the usual :catindifferent:

The category is too big and a bad mix since customers typically want breedables, or they just want an animal or pet. In my experience customers want breedables, or they want animals. The two crowds don't mix because they are so different of category. Mixing the two incongruent businesses together only creates much confusion where customers lose track of what is breedable & what is not breedable.

It is too bad LL never listens to this type of easy small suggestion that is good for everyone's business, or if they implement it they will somehow do it very wrong & in a backward way to create a worse situation *sighs* :catsad:

Good luck on seeing any good changes :catindifferent:

Speaking of breedables anyone play Pocket Frogs? It's not in SL but that's a breedable game I like. Add me if you like, I play as "GiantRoboCat" :catvery-happy:

I agree also, as Wade said he mentioned this months and ago and I guess they did make a sort of half hearted attempt at it 

I can't say I totally agree with the OPs category hierarchy,  I would suggest that it's more than coincidence that  the only non animal, mythical breedable happens to be her own product, it seems a bit of shame she decided to cloud an otherwise sound argument with a thinly veiled attempt to gain a category dedicated solely to her own products.

Do feel free to list all the non animal, mythical breedable products currently available if you think I am wrong.

• 2 months later...

Sure Ziggy, I would have listed these earlier but I didn't get a notification that there were any posts here.  I'm sure you were already aware that the Dwarfins are not the only non animal that would fit in the breedable category. As more imagination comes to play in the games and creations I'm sure there will be more to follow. These are the ones that I am aware of:

shoes

aliens

robots

plants

I don't believe I clouded anything, it was a suggestion that I put forth with no hidden agenda and only a request for fairness.

You have until January 10th to give feedback on categories, see this forum post:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Be-Heard-Proposed-New-Marketplace-Categories/td-p/1732083

Also see the wiki article linked in that post on category changes:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Marketplace/2012_Category_Changes

As well as the all important survey which you can take many times for different categories:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KPP3BYC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.