Bank services

Trippolippina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I would like to ask you whether it is possible or not to open a bank office (for a well known banking group) in Second Life.

As I am going to draft a project for the bank I work at that could include also  virtual banking, I am exploring if there are opportunities also in Second Life.

Thanks you all for your help.

T

is possible for a actual RL bank to open a branch in SL

however the RL bank cant take deposits in L$. SL users are specifically not allowed to "sell" L$ except on the Lindex. Operators are specifically not allowed to "buy" L$ from me

which pose practical problems for me if I was a bank customer

like how do I make a deposit of RL$ into my bank account in SL? How do I withdraw and receive RL$ from my SL bank account in SL?

Irihapeti has pointed out the biggest problem you'd have, conversion of $L to real world currencies.

It would also help if you understood what led to LL's policy, the Banking Crisis that occurred around 2008.

Third, you need to realize that the SL economy  is built on a lot of micro transactions.  The average per transaction volume on the Lindex is less than $7000L  (~ $28.00US).  In SL that sum can get a lot of people a long, long ways.

Trippolippina wrote:

If that's the case: why I don't find any famous bank group in Second Life? What am I misunderstanding?

Why would a bank bother to create a SL "branch" when they can do online banking on the Internet? Redundant and wasteful use of resources.

Why would a bank's customer connect to the Internet, load SL, log onto SL, teleport to the bank's location and do some transactions when they can connect to the Internet, click a bookmark in the browser anbd get right to the bank's on-line presence? With a secure connection! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.