An increase to payout fee?

Neelah Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"USD 1.5% fee (minimum $3.00 USD fee, maximum $15.00 USD fee) fee will be taken from amount entered"

I didnt see this comming, and it seems really shady not to contact anyone about it. Where was the info for this sudden change supposed to be?

I'm usually a bit behind when it comes to news of stuff like this, so my initial reaction was a bit negative. But, if it means that our processing time has been reduced significantly and the cost to LL has been justified, I think I can live with such a change. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Having to pay 15 USD instead of 1 USD for a simple single transaction to paypal with the prommise that the transaction will be a bit faster is just ludicrous. Payouts should always be a static fee no matter what the transaction amount is. For the transaction is really does not matter if the transaction is 10 dollars or a 1000 dollars, it's just a few extra digital numbers that has zero effect on the transaction procces itself.

Has LL a viable axplaination for this somewhere? The knowledge base does not mention this change at all.

Flew Voom wrote:

Having to pay 15 USD instead of 1 USD for a simple single transaction to paypal with the prommise that the transaction will be a bit faster is just ludicrous. Payouts should always be a static fee no matter what the transaction amount is. For the transaction is really does not matter if the transaction is 10 dollars or a 1000 dollars, it's just a few extra digital numbers that has zero effect on the transaction procces itself.

Has LL a viable axplaination for this somewhere? The knowledge base does not mention this change at all.

Really, this is a shamefully chicken-something move. 

There is no reason for it except to get money out of us. They are currently exploring and implementing all sorts of methods to do this. The faster payout was a pacifier, and not a very good one. Actually, I think it can be called a trick. But we have no choice but to suck it up.

The fee has increased up to 1500%, nice trick .. if you want to call it that. I always suck the things up LL smacks at me and other residents, don't really have a choice.

I understand that they need to make a profit as a company, but this is yet an other example of LL alienating the residents and customer base. If they would have increased the fee to a static 2$ USD than it would be somewhat acceptable, even though it's still a fee increase of 100%, but $15 USD? I am not laughing.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really gross. LL is already making a % on the conversion from Linden currency to real world currency. Now they make another % on payout! This is a huge withdrawal fee/tax and it's ridiculous.

Really, another example of LL's poor business model. Absurdly high tiers for years, when hosting prices have dropped, dropped, dropped. The writing is on the wall for LL and they are putting the squeeze on us, the lifeblood of their business.

Thankfully I can transition my business to accept Paypal payments directly. I think I'll start working on that very soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.