About Viewer-Managed Marketplace I have some questions

kalliopi Ziplon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello my friends I have some questions , I have been reading many blogs but still I have some questions hope someone will know to help me out .

When the  migration will be over (Direct Delivery listings will be migrated automatically) what does that mean? I will still have to connect my items or they will be ok ? and I do not have all my stuff that I sell in my inventory , will that affect the migrated automatically process?

I need to understand what the  migrated automatically will do for me because the video I show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhmUgbeo82c it does not show that our stuff will not need anything from us.

And when the automatically migrated is over I want to rename all my stuff , will the migrated send me my stuff all of them in my inventory ? or will I have to do it myself? Because I want to rename them and have them only as folders not in boxes when costumers buy  something .

(If you choose to have your listings automatically migrated, listing and version folders are automatically created for you. Both these folders are named after the "SL Object Name" you see on your listing.) this mean that my stuff will be shown in my inventory so I can  rename and do what I want with them? And when I will rename I will have to link them to the MP page as the video above? or it will change automatically?

And one more , my new clothes I have them in my MP page in folders and in those folders I have other folders so everything will be in order , I read somewhere that those folders in the main folder will not be ok the system will see them as not the same item but as other items and will make them to be separated, is that true?

I hope you will understand what I am asking for and my English are ok  

i just finished the migration of my items so im going to try to answer some of your questions.

kalliopi Ziplon wrote:

When the

migration will be over (Direct Delivery listings will be migrated automatically) what does that mean? I will still have to connect my items or they will be ok ? and I do not have all my stuff that I sell in my inventory , will that affect the migrated automatically process?

If you chose to let LL migrate automatically your stuffs, then you have nothing to do. There will be migrated automatically and you will just have to use the new system for your next new listings.

if it will be ok, i can't tell, as from my experience, they use to always mess smth when they make an action of this importance on th marketplace. So we will see... noone can tells for now. 

I think that yes, you MUST have the items in your inventory. (otherwise how do you want they find it ? This is why, for instance, they cant do automatically the migration for non copy items bec those ones are usually not in inventory but in magic boxes) So you if you dont have some, go in your market place page, and in your listing you can send items from there to your inventory. Select the ones you are missing and send back to your inventory (before they start the process on the 23th).

kalliopi Ziplon wrote:

And when the automatically migrated is over I want to rename all my stuff , will the migrated send me my stuff all of them in my inventory ? or will I have to do it myself? Because I want to rename them and have them only as folders not in boxes when costumers buy  something .

You can rename your stuffs anytime from your market place listing page, you just have to edit the listing you want to rename, and change the name.

You will also be able to change the name of the items in your inventory but it wont affect the listing. the name of the item registered and the name it appears on the website are 2 differents datas.

IMPORTANT : when they say "inventory" its not your usual inventory. Its a second inventory you will have in the new viewer (i hope third party viewer will integrate this soon, so we wont be forced to use the LL viewer). It's a second window you open from the me menu "Viewer managed marketplace". What you move there from your regular inventory will disappear from the latter. You must create a copy and send to the new inventory if you want to keep a copy of it in your regular inventory. But any action you want to do in direction of your MP listing must be done in the VMM inventory window. Actions from your regular inventory will do nothing on the MP. This is for if you want to change an item, add one, delete one etc....

As for folders, you just have to drag the folders (or a copy of them) to the VMM window and it will manage it all. You will see a main folder named same as the one you sent. inside it you will see a subfolder, same name, with the items inside it. 

If you happen to want to update your item on the mp, like for instance, update the LM or anything else, you can then, delete the old LM and add the new one in it, OR u can make a new folder that you will drag to the main folder with the name of the item, and you rigth click on it and choose 'active' this will desactivate the other one and will make the updated one active.

Hope this helped

thanks so much !!

one last thing , most of my stuff i seel i do not have them in my inventory shall i wait for the automatically migrated to bring them to my second invetory and manage them from their or shall i have to have them ? i have 3000 items its not easy to  test dilevery all of them in time 

from what i understood you must have them in your inventory for they do the link to the mp listing. This must be why no copy item in magic box wont be migrated automatically, bec as they are not in the inventory but in the magic box, LL team wont be able to move the item from inventory to VMM inventory

So everything you dont have in your inventory when they will do the migration of your store, wont be migrated and from my guess, they will be unlisted.

So my advice would be you take a bit of time before the 23rd and send back to your inventory each item you dont have in your inventory right now.

i find it weird btw to not keep a copy in your inventory. So well, once you re done, keep copies in case you ll need it in the future too.

since the new listing system will call the item to be delivered to a customer from your inventory and no longer from the server we were sending via merchant outbox our items, i think that yes you MUST have them in your inventory and i doubt they will do the job to send back to your inventory each items you dont have yet there. So better you do it before it starts. otherwise i am afraid they will just desactivate the listing for which they wont find any item related in your inventory.

kalliopi Ziplon wrote:

And one more , my new clothes I have them in my MP page in folders and in those folders I have other folders so everything will be in order , I read somewhere that those folders in the main folder will not be ok the system will see them as not the same item but as other items and will make them to be separated, is that true?

Folders inside folders do work, but not in the same way.

For example, in your inventory you could have this:

Dress

• Dress Red
    • Shirts
    • Skirts
  • Dress Blue
    • Shirts
    • Skirts

If you had that in your VMM Marketplace listings you have to choose between listing Red OR blue. so instead you have to create one parent folder for each outfits as so:

Dress 1

• Dress Red
    • Shirts
    • Skirts

Dress 2

• Dress Blue
    • Shirts
    • Skirts

Dress 1 & Dress 2 will be your Listings that are associated to a listing on the marketplace. Dress Blue & Dress Red will be the folders that are delivered when that listing is purchased. Any folders inside the Dress Red & Dress Blue will be delivered as part of it.

kalliopi Ziplon wrote:

and I do not have all my stuff that I sell in my inventory , will that affect the migrated automatically process?

will the migrated send me my stuff all of them in my inventory ? or will I have to do it myself? Because I want to rename them and have them only as folders not in boxes when costumers buy  something .

You don't need to have the items in your inventory for the migration to work. Your items will be returned to your inventory in a special folder called Marketplace Listings during the migration process. You can then convert your boxes to folders by simply replacing the box with folders in the subfolder. Just remember, whatever is in the active subfolder is what the customer will get. You can also rename your listing. I've done all this and it works fine. So much easier than an Outbox.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

from what i understood you must have them in your inventory for they do the link to the mp listing. This must be why no copy item in magic box wont be migrated automatically, bec as they are not in the inventory but in the magic box, LL team wont be able to move the item from inventory to VMM inventory

So everything you dont have in your inventory when they will do the migration of your store, wont be migrated and from my guess, they will be unlisted.

So my advice would be you take a bit of time before the 23rd and send back to your inventory each item you dont have in your inventory right now.

This is not correct.

Thank you all!!! So so much!!!!

i do not have them in my inventory because i was at 50,000 items and my new clothes i have more than 42 items in an outfit so i did not want to make my inventory  any bigger , i know its a mistake but i did it . Now i need to make my items better by rename them in a better way & to have the same name as the boxes that i will make them folders, people got mad because the name are not the same & because they have to open boxes .

i have reduce my MP to almost 3000 items from 4500 items but real life does not let me work many hours on it , deleting old stuff  and test deliver them so i can have them . if only we can test deliver many at  one time rather than one by one .... 

Rya Nitely wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

This is not correct.

Well if im wrong then it solves the problem of the OP.

As i said in my post you quoted, that was my understanding. I didnt know they would send back to inventory as i have read they wont do automatically the magic box, so i thought it was bec they were not in the inventory yet. 

But indeed, copy items have been sent to the MP server via merchant outbox anyway, which is not the case of the items inside magic boxes, working differently. 

Thank you then for the clarification.

kalliopi Ziplon wrote:

Thank you all!!! So so much!!!!

i do not have them in my inventory because i was at 50,000 items and my new clothes i have more than 42 items in an outfit so i did not want to make my inventory  any bigger , i know its a mistake but i did it . Now i need to make my items better by rename them in a better way & to have the same name as the boxes that i will make them folders, people got mad because the name are not the same & because they have to open boxes .

i have reduce my MP to almost 3000 items from 4500 items but real life does not let me work many hours on it , deleting old stuff  and test deliver them so i can have them . if only we can test deliver many at  one time rather than one by one .... 

you can still keep them boxed, so it will solve the pb of too much big folders and wont flood dramatically your inventory. 

As rya said, it looks like you dont have to send them back manually to your inventory, LL will do this for you automatically. So it solves your problem.

But well, that's a good opportunity to clean a bit our MP store.

I did deleted some older stuffs and corrected some listing. But of course, my store is not as big than yours lol. I delete oldest stuffs periodically, making then things easier to manage, as i m not SL full time either.

You can do the same action to a bunch of items at the same time. By checking the boxes of each item you would like to unlist or delete (for instance) in the list, then at the bottom of the list you have a lil menu with the action you would like to apply to the checked items. You choose one then you click on "Go" and it applies the action to all the listings you have selected in one time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.