A Request to Marketplace Merchants

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Marketplace Merchants:  

Could you please check your listings and remove any links to "Inworld Store" or "See Item in Second Life" that are no longer valid?

I understand why many merchants have moved from "inworld" to "Marketplace only" stores, and I also know that changing Marketplace listings is tedious and time-consuming, but just think of your potential customer who clicks a link and ends up in an abandoned lot or (worse) ends up on a parcel whose new owner has put in a short-fuse security orb.

Thank you.

I believe the correct title for your thread should be:

Dear Market Place Team:  Can you fix the MP so that Merchants can globally change the SLURL's in their stores so they don't have to do it item by item.

(yeah, Merchants should fix this stuff but it is sometimes easier said then done)

post struck due to momentary long term lapse of memory..........

gah, what was i not thinking.

I would like to see a practical way suggested on how to achieve this. At a base level - there already is a 'base' SLURL space right on the front page of all MP stores. Would it be better to have this autofill for each and every listing unless otherwise changed? With the related issue - would chnaging/deleting this 'master' entry be used to replace existing entries?

My stuff is all squished up more or less within 50m horizontally/100m vertically from base position but I can see that really not being all that usefull for a lot of places.

mikka Luik wrote:

I would like to see a practical way suggested on how to achieve this. At a base level - there already is a 'base' SLURL space right on the front page of all MP stores. Would it be better to have this autofill for each and every listing unless otherwise changed? With the related issue - would chnaging/deleting this 'master' entry be used to replace existing entries?

My stuff is all squished up more or less within 50m horizontally/100m vertically from base position but I can see that really not being all that usefull for a lot of places.

At least get me into your store.  From there I can look around even if I don't have the exact xyz coordinates.

The ability to change these fields in bulk is already there and has been for some time. It may not be perfect but its a vast improvement on having to change them one at a time  On the listings page simply change the list view from 10 to 100 then click the box to select all, and then click on edit at the bottom, from there you can choose which fields to change across all those listings. 

Did mine this way when i  m oved 6 months ago and its a huge time saver, even if you do still have to repeat it till all arer done. Beats doing it one at a time.

I thought there was no problem with this, as I've only changed it in the

Merchant Home | Edit Store Information | Store Setup -> Link To Inworld Store

and it already updates on each product page?

Oh I see now, in the individual product listing: Saw that problem early in the game, and NEVER used it there.

More thinking along the lines of a location ('see item at...') actually showing on listings individually, rather than a customer having to switch over to the main page to find one, hence a 'default'.

Was not aware of bulk edit being available for that field (as never had need of it) so thats worth knowing.

HunniHope wrote:

The ability to change these fields in bulk is already there and has been for some time. It may not be perfect but its a vast improvement on having to change them one at a time  On the listings page simply change the list view from 10 to 100 then click the box to select all, and then click on edit at the bottom, from there you can choose which fields to change across all those listings. 

Did mine this way when i  m oved 6 months ago and its a huge time saver, even if you do still have to repeat it till all arer done. Beats doing it one at a time.

Quoting this just so it gets repeated one more time, too bad there is no kudo option for this part of the forums! Thank you for pointing out to this feature, I changed my listings one by one but I don't have many so it was not a big deal, now I wish I knew about this lol

One thing I do is always check profile of the creator and then profile pics - there you have all updated infos and landmarks to in-world locations, its what I wrote on some listings knowing I will probably miss some when updating. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.