A Flag is Bad? But Rape is Good?

Marx Alvord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Marx Alvord wrote:

Ash, Go troll somewhere else. Unless your the one handling my ticket.  Its your opnion that this is racist. Not mine. And you have no idea of whats really going on. So stop pretending your an authority with the final say.

Yet again. This is a public forum, and you chose to rant on it. It's more than my opinion that it's racist. You might want to pick up a paper and read about it. Until then, I will comment as I see fit in this open forum.

Welcome to the internet where everyone doesn't agree with your opinions.

(P.S. This isn't a ticket.)

Marx Alvord wrote:

It seems that today a few of my Marketplace items were removed because they were flagged. In a response email from LL it was mentioned the use of the Confederate Flag. Okay so I wonder and ask myself.

Whats this world coming too when LL can yank a product because it offends someone. What about my own offense that I may take at the prolific sale of items that mention, suggest through depiction of imagery or the out right encouragement of rape, incest or countless other otherwise openly derogotory ideals..

Violence., death, rape and beastiality are ideals that are openly rampant here in sl. As a business partner here in Secondlife I love the freedom of which I have normally always enjoyed to create, produce and sell my wares to a huge fanbase. What I dont like, and what should bother every other Merchant and customer alike, should be this.

Whats next? When will LL decide next to ban, prohibit or tell the Merchants that pay for all of this, what, when, and how to sell our wares. This is not about stolen work. Or copyrighted issues. This is an honest question poised at the host. Whats next LL?

BTW~ There have been many many Merchants here in SL that have been having their products removed seemingly for the same exact reasons and in the past few days. Speak up people.

Greetings, Marx

Its a darn shame that it is very unlikely anyone official from Linden Lab will give you a response here on the forums, and a bigger shame that the thread has already degenerated into a game of schoolyard tip taps.

I wish you had been able to post in the General Discussion forum too, so you would have reached a far wider audience.

My opinion on this subject does not really count, but if it hurts a bunch of people, then it should be taken down, and all this illegal roleplay stuff, to me, is far worse than the display of an important historical flag or insignia.

Yet again..

1.In Internet Slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chatroom, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Your trolling Ash!! ROFL

2. Im going back to being productive and making a living. Have a good day all.

Thought for the day.. WATCH OUT FOR TROLLS

Marx Alvord wrote:

Yet again..

1.In Internet Slang, a
troll
is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chatroom, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Your trolling Ash!! ROFL

2. Im going back to being productive and making a living. Have a good day all.

Thought for the day.. WATCH OUT FOR TROLLS

Marx

The best thing to do is completely ignore the troll. Their opinion may be truly their opinion, but you are not duty bound to respond to anyone, least of all someone who has a reputation for p1ssing people off.

Marx Alvord wrote:

Yet again..

1.In Internet Slang, a
troll
is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chatroom, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I know it hurts that you weren't able to get everyone to pat you on the back and say poor you because you want to keep selling a symbol of hate. Out here in the real world, everyone doesn't agree with you

It will be ok. I wish you much success with your new product line.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.