403 error for pictures uploaded for item listing

BlackPawWorkshop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to set up my first listing in the Marketplace. The problem that I've had the past two days is this: I can upload images. But they don't display. They don't display in the listing editor, the preview, or if I set the listing to active.I tried deleting the listing and creating a fresh one.

Chrome's debugger shows 403 errors.

Screenshot of Listing and Errors

I've checked the images for conformity repeatedly.

The images conform to requirements. A 142kb 700x525 picture will not show up.

This happens on the latest Crome and Firefox. I'm using Windows 10 with all updates applied.

This happens from withing the viewer and via the marketplace.secondlife.com web site.

BlackPawWorkshop wrote:

I've checked the images for conformity repeatedly.

The images conform to requirements. A 142kb 700x525 picture will not show up.

That wouldn't explain it anyway. A 403 means you don't have permission to access a file or directory. In other words, the images made it to the server just fine but then the server decided they were so sensitive they had to be classified as top secret! Sorry, I've never heard of anything like that before. Yes, the image uploader is dodgy even by Marketplace standards but it still shouldn't do anything like that.

Maybe somebody else here can explain what is going on but it definitely looks like a server error and I suggest you file a support case and ask Linden Lab if they can fix it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.