2 times removed items for false flagging ?!

Alexandra Barcelos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the second time that the marketplace "responsibles " remove my products from the listing for "FALSE" flagging's !

The first one they removed was my complete avatar called ( :F: Schooled Complete Avatar ) , it was listed in the correct category " women Complete avatars "  and was flagged for rong categories then removed !
The second one was my (  :F: Adore anckle boots ( DEMO ) ) and  was listed in  " Womens footwear " ... same thing as the first happened then .

Where else would i place a complete avatar then in "female complete avatars" categorie and my anckle boots other then " women footwear"

Do they evin verify if the flags are coherent ???
Seriously ! Anybody that doesn't like competition can just flag me and get away with it .

Hi, right now I see the ":F: Schooled Complete Avatar" is filed under Avatar Appearance » Complete Avatars, it probably velongs one level down in Avatar Appearance » Complete Avatars » Complete Human Female Avatars with clothing.

The boots are in  Apparel > Women's > women's Footwear but probably belong one level down in Apparel > Women's > Women's Footwear > Women's Boots

You make some really nice stuff, I am glad you posted, now there is new stuff on the future shopping list. :)

Why do they make this so complicated .. why is there evin a complete avatar category if we cant post our complete avatars there without getting them removed ?? Same goes for the shoes ... when i type in the category search the womens boots never came up neither did the complete human female avatar ... i need to type these specific words to reach them . For someone that doenst know those categories they only get more and more flags on there accoumpt on something that is problably not their fault in the first place .

And thank you for letting me know btw <3

Agreed, it is a very confusing system!

Dakota seems to follow threads like this, so ...

• Does LL have a apot on the marketplace that shows the whole category tree expanded?
  • If there is no view like that, can somebody make one? I bet that it would prevent a lot of the flagging work for both you and the merchants!

Better still would be allowing us to cross list in other suitable categories (for a price like ebay do) that way  certain items which  can fall into several categories at the same time could get decent exposure and  LL would  make a few much needed extra bucks and could save on 'nit picking' moderator/reviewer staff costs - a win win scenario for customer and  supplier - but hey this Linden Lab we are talking about where egos overule common sense.

^L^

Alexandra Barcelos wrote:

Why do they make this so complicated .. why is there evin a complete avatar category if we cant post our complete avatars there without getting them removed ?? Same goes for the shoes ... when i type in the category search the womens boots never came up neither did the complete human female avatar ... i need to type these specific words to reach them . For someone that doenst know those categories they only get more and more flags on there accoumpt on something that is problably not their fault in the first place .

And thank you for letting me know btw <3

As a tip, I find it better, when choosing a category for an item, to use the browse function rather than searching. This makes it much easier to see all the sub-categories as you expand the list.

So, for your boots for example - click the 'Change Category' option on your listing. Then, rather than typing in a category search, change to the 'browse' tab. Click on 'apparel' to expand, click on 'women's' to expand, click on 'women's footwear' to expand. You'll now see all the sub-categories for 'women's footwear' making it eaiser to identify where it should go :)

As a rule, LL specify that you should use the most appropriate sub-category wherever possible rather than higher level categories. This actually also works in your favour too becuase, when you put an item in a lower sub-category, it also automatically appears for searches in a parent category too. So, when you puts your boots in 'Women's Boots' it will appear there and in ''Women's Footwear'.

• Moderators

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Agreed, it is a very confusing system!

Dakota seems to follow threads like this, so ...
  • Does LL have a apot on the marketplace that shows the whole category tree expanded?
  • If there is no view like that, can somebody make one? I bet that it would prevent a lot of the flagging work for both you and the merchants!

Hello Cerise,

We are actually working on this right now. :)

I am working closely with Brooke on getting some category changes in place and once those are done, we are hoping to add information to the Wiki that will be available as a Merchant Resource page that includes a full copy of the entire Marketplace Category Tree Structure for quick viewing and searching.

Regards,

Dakota Linden
--
Linden Lab
SL Marketplace Customer Support
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
http://www.secondlife.com

Just stick everything flagged into "Everything Else", which is the last category the category police will get to once they have nothing else left to do.

Don't worry, though.

By that time, LL will be changing the categories too quickly for us to keep up, which is Phase 2 in their plan to deprive themselves of the maximum number of commissions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.