2 owners for a same Shop?

Hassel85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can use the feature called Revenue Distributions. It says "Specify co-creators of this product and allocate a portion of their revenue".

Simply put, this means you can set the item to sell for a certain price and, using this feature, set that certain amount of lindens go to the person you want to share your shop with. 

But remember, people who use the marketplace will not know about this so if you don't want your "partner" to be secret you can write their name in the store's description or your TOS.

You have a couple of possibilities

The first Is to have 2 seperate stores, one in each name. This is the easier and safest method. And you could follow the Advice given by Tamara and both set each other in the revenue distribution

The second is to have one store under one name.  Each uploading your own work, with one of you then passing the creations to the other for listing and selling. creations would have to be passed full perm and then you'd need to re-set the permissions before listing, and again, use the revenue distribution as explained by Tamara. But there's a snag with this option. If you are using full perm templates of any kind in your creations then you will likely find that the Licenses for those templates do not allow you to pass them to someone else, or to be sold by any avatar other than one who made the original template purchase. 

Personally I'd opt for the first method. If either one of you stopped creating then you still have your own store and own items to carry on. And there's no harm in naming them the same. i.e "creations by avi1" "creations by avi2"

Revenue sharing means one person ends up with control of it all, which has a lot of potential to go wrong even with the best of intentions and friendship. Something as common as too much RL going on could lead to all sorts of complications if the person owning the marketplace shop has to leave SL for awhile.

My guess is that revenue sharing is probably better used for a few items rather than an entire shop or with very trusted friends who are building collaboratively. If you're creating independently and want to share traffic, try putting links to each other's shops in the text sections of your own. It's not ideal but it is safe.

Business is always better when you are not all alone in it. Two people can support each other, share ideas, push each other to work more and get better. I have one friend that makes poses same as I am and she is the only person that is close enough to me to understand the things I deal with, because she has them too. She means the world to me

Also, you can split the work and make more sales! Instead of having 2 new releases per week you can have 4. So each of you can have their own marketplace store with certain or all items set to share 50% earnings to the other creator.

Or each of you can have their own marketplace shop but share in-world shop, for some people, including myself, marketplace is just a tiny percentage of all sales, rest happens in-world. And I think I have maybe 1/3 of my products uploaded on the marketplace. 

Do not let insecurity and wondering "what if" stops you from trying new things. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.