community? Friends?

socmaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all. I am new here on second life and am still getting used to things. 

I was just wondering how you guys feel the community is on second life. Do people tend to make friends inworld and stay friends with them outside of second life? Do people feel they make a new community for themselves on second life?

I was just wondering because i want to get as much as i can off of second life! 

Thanks all :smileyhappy: 

Welcome!  Just like any other website, you'll make friends.  Some good, some not.  Some will share their RL with you (facebook, skype, etc.), some won't.  Some will only keep it within SL.  Real friendships take time to develop.  Just have fun, and believe half of what you hear/read, until you know them better.

I've been here a while, and I'm still getting used to things---I love going to music events and dance clubs, where you can usually hang loose and participate in friendly banter.  I like to keep sl in sl--it's my rest and recuperation from rl.  Don't be shy---say hi  to anyone or everyone---you might be pleasantly surprised when they respond to you--and if they don't, so what.  You will eventually find your groove (it took me 8 months to get really comfortable in sl--i almost quit)---most people are nice, but I tend to listen to my gut feelings.  May your sl be everything that you can imagine and hope for---hugz!:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

In my opinion, what happens in SL stays in SL.  I do have a couple RL friends that also are inworld, but they were RL friends for years before I joined (I've only been on a week or so).  Other than that, I don't forsee meeting anybody RL that I've met inworld.

That's fine with me.  I've been on many other social forums, roleplay communities and games and met tons of people from all over the world.  I don't see SL as anything other than that - a place to meet people from everywhere.

The community in second life can be as different as the places you may visit. In some places people might be more talkitive then others. I can't say if people make a new community for themselves but I can say that I think it would be safe to say that most people go where they have an interest and go from there. You can always search for things that interest you and find other common interest people there to start up chats with. Welcome to SL & have fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.