So... I feel out of place.

Dawn Khaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've actually had this account for a few years. When I first joined SL, I didn't know what to do so I spent most of my time just working on my avatar until I eventually grew bored and disappeared. That was LONG before meshes were a thing! Now that I've come back most of everything I own is incredibly outdated, but that's fine, I think this time around I'd rather meet people and do something besides play with clothes all day.

I have too many interests to count. Chances are (if it's not reality TV, celebrities, brand names, drugs, or drama) anything you ask me about I can probably talk about. I love boyish things and girlish things alike, a few specifics are gaming, athletics, manga/anime, 2D and 3D art, fantasy, preformance arts, animation, roleplay, reading, writing, culture, heck I'll even talk about religion and politics if you're open minded.

For the most part I just want to chat, play games, and roleplay. I'm not really interested in the sexual portion of SL even though I don't mind talking about that kind of stuff. (Honestly I get a bit embarrassed any time I have to expose my avatar, even dancing makes me a bit flustered. I'm just not cut out for that kind of thing!) I guess I'd be willing to hang out with anyone as long as they don't mind spending time with someone who will prance around dressed like a fairy even in modern settings. :P

I have absolutely no issue with furries or any orientation or gender.

(Oh yeah and please don't call me Dawn, this account was made when you had to pick a first and last name from lists and I went with something random, I'd prefer to be called Mellissa.)

Dawn Khaos wrote:

I have too many interests to count. Chances are (if it's not reality TV, celebrities, brand names, drugs, or drama) anything you ask me about I can probably talk about. I love boyish things and girlish things alike, a few specifics are gaming, athletics, manga/anime, 2D and 3D art, fantasy, preformance arts, animation, roleplay, reading, writing, culture

So, what do you reckon to Chandler being so good at golf?

Alec - to ask difficult questions

I know how you feel, I went through the same thing. I'm looking for a friend to chat and hang around with.

I enjoy Rping and gaming, I'm an artist both 2D and 3D, writing, fantasy, and Roleplaying.. Actually a lot on that list. I'm laid back and open minded, I love having intellegent conversations as well as silly ones. I have horse Avatars, human avatars...basically tons of avatars so if you wanted to go horseback riding or out exploring. Right now I just sort've float around, I have a little house but it's not been loved. 

Dawn Khaos wrote:

Yes I use a display name. I don't know why it doesn't appear in the forums though.

(and yes I think I left before that was removed.)

It does not show up, because the forum software can not detect them. And who cares about them anyway? I certainly don't. Most people chose annoying bullsh... for their displayname or change them as often as possible. If I want to identify someone, I look at their username. And you should feel blessed, you still could select a "real" name. It was one of the worst and unnecessary steps they ever took, when they removed lastnames.

AlecDeBoeuil wrote: WIth people who also can't spell intelligent?

I am going to go out on a limb and say you picked on my misspelling because it sounded rather snobbish.. Which I can agree to. It did sound snobbish. However what I was attempting to convey was that I enjoy conversations that are more about 'oh, he did this and this' and the like. I enjoy discussing ideas, or current happenings. An example being the robot that recently passed the self awareness testing leading to a tangent about how we define self awareness. Based off a conversation I had in real life with a few friends who also like those types of random tangents.

I didn't mean it as a belittlement or anything in the like, but I definately admit to relying too heavily on spellchecks unerlining red marks to tell me when I've spelled something wrong. :matte-motes-delicious: Though, I don't agree that having perfect spelling is the hallmark of somone who is smart. I actually have a friend who uses very litle punctuation or capitalization but is still very smart. ^_^ I also have the nasty habit of spelling 'woman' as 'women' because my accent has me say woman more like women. Same with Greazy and greasy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alwin Alcott wrote:

, this account was made when you had to pick a first and last name from lists

first names never were on lists and totally free, only last names were listed

Actually around the time this avi was created you choose from a list of first names, that's why I have the Whiteangel in my name. If I didnt have to pick through a list of possible first names then I would have taken a better first name. 

And on that note, if you are still looking for people to hang out with and chat with feel free to shoot me an im. :) Can always use friends. 

• 2 months later...

Mellissa, I'm actually going to respond to your post and tell you to check out Studs County since it is a light roleplay country lifestyle sim open to everyone. Studs County is a gay/bisexual adult sim but I am a straight female there for the friendships. I've lived and worked there. You can choose or create a job and background story for approval. We have great events and contests. I tend to be bit of a tomboy when it comes to my activities so will tell you we have fun bullriding contests here. Love when the girls beat the guys - haha! There is also a horse racing track. You can rez a free motorcycle at the gas station. Tour Studs County and see if it is a fit :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.