SL Friendship Network Experience

Nerdgirl64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! ^_^

So, I wanted to create this new post because I've seen posts about the SL Friendship Network but I haven't seen anyone talk about their experiences from it. Or maybe I didn't dig deep enough in the forums haha. Anyway, I thought it would be a cool idea to tell everyone about my thoughts on the SLFN and hopefully other members of the group will posts their thoughts too.

What I like about the SLFN is that I'm not just a number to add to the group. I'm not on SL as much as I would like to be because of my RL work schedule. I was worried at first but my mind was put to rest about it. When I do make it to one of the events I'm immediately welcomed by the people there and I get drawn into the chatter. I'm really shy so it's nice that I feel like I'm apart of the group and honestly I feel like I'm opening up more because of the SLFN. Plus the other people in the group, besides the Moderators, are so nice and helpful. It's like we're all working together and building friendships along the way.

I like that the moderators and the creator are hands on with the group. And it seems like they each bring something different to the group to make it more well-rounded. There's Rosalyn, the creator of the SLFN, who is the heartbeat of the group. When anyone joins the group Rosa is one of the first people to greet you with open arms. At one point there was something I was going through on SL and I needed a friendly ear to listen to me and help me. Not only was she there for me when I reached out to her, she followed up with me a few days after to make sure everything was good. I know it might not seem like much to other people but it meant greatly to me. For that, I will always be thankful to her. Then there's Ambie, who is one of the Moderators. I learned the hard way not to drink anything at my computer when she's in the area haha. Her sense of humor and her quick wit has me cracking up all the time! ^_^ Ambie's the life of the party when she's at an event and it's cool to have a Moderator who's laid back and likes to have fun but can put the smack down on anyone who could cause drama. What can I say, you gotta love Ambie. I never got the chance to meet Alexia, who is another Moderator, however, I believe she's the one to thank for the SLFN having a blog. Every time I go to the blog it's always up to date with pictures of group events and any information of upcoming events. There's even polls for people to vote on what they would like to see in future events or any ideas for the group. The last of the Moderators but not least is EvilLittleStew, the British gent who loves his tea. ^_^ I feel like he's the catalyst to get people together. He gets people to actually talk on group chats and people can't help but to be drawn in by him. Just don't play Greedy with him unless you're prepared to lose. He claims he sucks a it but he's won almost every game of Greedy that I challenged him to haha.

Okay, this post is waaayyy longer then I originally planned it to be haha. Overall I feel like the SLFN is a great group that offers a lot to not only people who are new to SL, but to people who have been on SL for years looking to make friends or to other people who are coming back to SL after a break. And to anyone reading this who are apart of the SLFN post your thoughts about the group too. I feel like the more we talk about it the more people will be curious about it and hopefully join in the fun. ^_^

Nerdgirl,

I'm so glad to hear that your experience has been a positive one. I believe we met in passing at an event, but didn't really get a chance to talk. Rosalyn's vision for the SLFN is just as you say. I've been with her from the beginning, and it is the very posts that she saw on these forums that inspired her to found the group. She has a true passion and is fully invested in fulfilling the obligations/mission that the group presents to its members and their friends and family. It is wonderful to see how quickly we have grown, and we are endeavoring to add more events. Coming soon, with the help of a couple local businesses (who forfeited advertising per our group rules), we even have some new venues, gardens, and a surprise that Rosalyn would strangle me if I revealed. :smileytongue:

Everyone, even if you aren't sure about joining a group, please feel free to stop in and hang out with us. Most of our events are open to the public.

If you want to know more you can contact Rosalyn Reinerman, Alexia Gaelyth, and Ambie Helendale in-world or visit our blog at http://slfriendshipnetwork.blogspot.com/

Sincerely,

Alexia Gaelyth

• 2 weeks later...

Nerdgirl64, I agree with all you had to say about SL Friendship. They are all very open & inviting. I was one of the contestants on their first game show. It was fun even if some of the answers to the questions were stretching it a bit! The comments tossed out were entertaining to say the least! It's my first & so far only group I am in. A good group of fun-loving, genuine people!:smileyvery-happy:

So lovely to hear your story Nerdgirl64. Thanks for sharing :matte-motes-grin:

I hope this group will keep advertising in this forum, because I think a lot of people in SL wander around in a kind of lonelyness, who would like to meet some sweet and caring people to talk to, and hang out with.

I will begin to recommend the group to the newbies I meet on my way here, and to people who tells me that they are spending too much time alone in their log in time.

Best wishes for you and the rest of the group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.