New Friends

EpsilonMember68

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Your profile is empty. It's hard to make friends without one.    I can't stress enough how important it is to have a full one.

Most people that have been around read them more than you probably realize and use the information in it to have something to break the ice with you or share a common interest and converse with you about.  Most of my friendships started out this way.  Make the effort to give a bit of info about yourself so other's that are compatible.can  make the effort to talk to you

Put a pic of yourself in.  Tell a bit about yourself in SL and in general RL.  What you like to do, what time zone you are in, what kind of music do you like, your interests, etc.  Use some of your picks to do this as well as you first tab.   It's up to you what to do with your 1st Life tab.  You are not required to give out any RL info you don't want to. 

If you don't know how to do this here is a good place to start: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Profiles/ta-p/1101055

You can also come back here if you have questions or want some advice.

I agree, you need to put something in your profile. A lot of people in SL that have been here a while will look at a blank profile & assume it's an alt of someone's that is up to something & will ignore you completely (in some cases they will even eject you). Add a pic of yourself in-game. Put in your About Me that you are new to the game & looking to meet friends & also people that can give you a good guiding hand in the game. As previously suggested, state some main interests as well, like Music, or shopping, reading, etc etc. After you get a little something in your profile, I would suggest clicking Search in-world and searching places by your interests. For example, if you like music, search Music, or Clubs, or search specifically the type of genre you like, etc etc. There's a bit of everything, something for everyone, in SecondLife, and going to places that are catered to your likes & interests will probably help you make friends easier that have the same interests.  Also, the places you find that you like, you can go to your PIcs tab & add them there. When I started SL in 2009, I started going to a popular club at the time, & ended up making some great friends that I am still in touch with today. Good luck in your adventrues!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.