Never be bored or alone again

Tara Innis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second life has some amazing places to hang out but when we get there, sadly... they are empty. Many of us get board of walking around alone.

What I have decided to do is create a group were a destination is chosen and we (as friends) all converge, explore and enjoy these abandoned SL landmarks on a given time frame. The funny thing is that as we go to these places and spread out, others are attracted by the activity and this creates a snowball effect.

Eventually friendships would be forged within the group.

So before I kick this off: Does the idea at least sound fun?

• Like 2

I don't have the luxury of feeling bored or alone, I am lucky if RL lets me log in for a few hours of fun, but...lately I have been spotting a lot of post from ppl being lonely or bored. Not a good thing at all. I think you have something here, it does sound like fun. Give it a shot and start by reading posts on this forum, try invite some ppl that are brave enough to reach out. Pls be aware some freaks and other nuts will join in too, try to ignore those:catlol:

Brilliant idea and easy to do, as I'm sure you know.  I love it.  You'll need a minimum few members to form the group, so I say:    "Send me an Invite!" 

Once the group is formed and working then we just post it here so others can join and start to immediately receive the notices of planned excursions into SL world..., like a trip the Dublin Pub for some dancing to a DJ and jokes with the residents, or a drop into London City to ride the scooters around town which is hillariously fun, and some good newbie shopping too. 

Once a group like this starts there is no end to SL suprises to be revealed.

Might need to post an easy explanation how people can find the little "join" button when they open the group page. Easy peasy.

I keep thinking more about it.With a large enough group people could really pick and choose when they want to be with us or not. The reason is there will always be a crowd. If dancing is not your thing than maybe catch us another night when we are exploring an island. ya know?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was a group in the past called The Friendship Network (or something similar to that). The idea was for people to post get togethers like game nights and go exploring together. There was also a HUB/HOME where people could just hang out. The idea sound nice, but it never really jumped off. Whenever someone would post an activity/event no one would show up and the events was months apart. The idea of the group sounded nice, but it was a huge flop. I’m willing to give your group a try. Hope it turns out well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.