Meeting people

Nyxxklien1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Only way for people who are shy to meet people is to stop being shy :)  As a shy person myself I can tell you that this is true. If you don't take risks and open up you will be waiting for a long time for someone to IM you, and if they do and you remain shy with them chances are they will move along. Just try not to be shy, talk to people even if you annoy them, the worst that could happen is that they will mute you.

I feel you, I am painfully shy myself. I thought I would open up more in sl, but I'm still me at core. ;)

I agree with the above. Work on your avie, make it who you want to be and make or have made some nice pics. The most common things people start a conversation with me about is my pics and the work I put in my avie. Seems like vanity, but it isn't, I look at as appreciation and the reward is the other person helping me bust through the shyness.  

Best of luck.

(edited cause I can't type on my gosh darned phone at work! :P)

Another thing you might consider is putting yourself in heavily populated area's. Unlike the real world, if you walk into a crowded place you are just another avatar coming in (don't take offense to this, it's a good thing sometimes! :) )

You could try, for example, to go to Frank's Place. It's a crowdy jazz venue and usually has a lot of people standing around. I met some amazing people there and, honestly, I have no recollection of how the conversations started... they just did :)

Good luck, and if you are shy for a talk but dare to IM me, feel free :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.