Lost a friend! Plz help

DreamBoy777

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

Not sure where should I open this topic - here or technical support. If it is a wrong place, please move the topic to appropriate place.

I am new to Second Life and don't know how it works, so may be it is a stupid question, but still: I met some person and we become friends. I got message box telling she accepted friendship offer as well as I saw message in chat box telling she is online. Now, some time later I wanted to send her a message, but she is gone! Problem is I don't even fully remember her nickname and can not find her anywhere. Anybody had such issue? Is there any way to find her? 

P.S. and by the way, does such thing as avatar search exist in Second Life? The only thing I want is to send her a message.

you most likely didn't lost that friend, but you got removed from her list by her.

If she is the only one... this most likely is the cause.

This happens sometimes, people don;t want to hurt your feelings to much when you had a really nice talk, but as soon you'r offline, they remove you from the friendslist.

Technical support will never help in these cases, they see it as a resident to resident issue and won't repair it.

You can try recovering her name from your history, if you store it... most likely the path to the folder is something like this

C-users-appdata-roaming-second life ( or firestorm) -[sl name]

appdate is normally a hidden folder so you might have to make those visible in your machine settings.

If she removed youi would say, move on, .... let it be

DreamBoy777 wrote:

By the way does something like Skype contact search exist in Second Life? 

Search exists, if you are using firestorm it's the magnifying glass button on the bottom of your screen. If you use the SL viewer then... omg why would you?

Seriously though DreamBoy777 if someone deletes you from friendslist, that is a hint to just stay away. Take our advice, don't IM her.

She is not interested in you.

May be I didn't made myself clear. I never molested he, never disturbed. She attracted me not by her beauty and such and I could be so called distant friend only. It just seems strange: a moment ago she accepted friendship and said just to call if I need her. And then she removes me. Strange.

Ok, thanks anyway.

P.S. I found her prifile with my note - it is definitely her. I am not going disturb her. 

She may not have removed you. I had a problem where I accepted someone's friendship but the next time I logged on her name was not on my list and her calling card was not in my inventory either.  Don't you automatically get a calling card when you accept friendship? It happened with another friend too but we were able to reconnect.

You may be right. It happens i suggested her friendship, went away and some hours after she accepted my friendship and responded in IM. She could not do it earlier as she was... roleplaying. Then I thanked her and told it was greatest honor for me and said goodbye. Could it be some technical glitch? Between suggestion of friendship and it's acceptance passed at least 4, 5 or even more hours.

DreamBoy777 wrote:

One more question, plz: if she removed me from her list, would it remove her calling card too?

Hello, DreamBoy777

I doubt it would remove her calling card too.

If you really enjoyed speaking with this person and would like to speak to her again, and just in case of technical glitches (which do happen), and on the basis that you only live once (!), don't dither about, send her a friendly IM. 

What have you got to lose?

OK, promised update: few minutes ago I wrote her and explained the situation. I said if she doesn't want me as a friend i will never disturb her again. And magick hapened and she added me to friend's list. It is so good. I am happy now - she is best person in sl. :)

Thanks people again.

DreamBoy777 wrote:

OK, promised update: few minutes ago I wrote her and explained the situation. I said if she doesn't want me as a friend i will never disturb her again. And magick hapened and she added me to friend's list. It is so good. I am happy now - she is best person in sl.
:)

Thanks people again.

I am so very pleased, and am smiling all over my real life face. 

Once upon a time, I had a very good friend in Second Life, and while we didn't spend every waking moment together, we certainly did share some good times and made some excellent forever memories. I wish the same for you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.