Looking for a group chat

anvyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any active groups out there populated by mature, intelligent, and articulate people where themes run from politics to religion to science to literature to everything else? A group where you don't have to be an active member on a sim (e.g. a roleplayer on an RP sim in order to participate in OOC chat). I like to play barbie, but I also like to sit back and have a satisfying conversation with a group of people

you might want to start attending events inworld run by the literati who do morning and afternoon tea, and lunch (: Some of the lunches and talks and chat can get pretty high level without toffee-nosing anyone

thru these events then will lead you to other events, friends and discussion groups

a place to start with is these guys who are good people:  https://modemworld.me/2016/07/17/mysterious-lodgers-road-trips-memoirs-and-odysseys/

i should of just link to Seanchai. Is here: http://irelandslstory.blogspot.co.nz/

is a few different things they get into. Some things like one off talks and that can be at different times depending on where the host/speaker is in the RL.  Most of it is literary but a lot of the peeps are into other high brow stuffs as well, and are in other such groups and orgs as well

probably best to pick any old thing from the schedule closest to your timezone, turn up and go from there

+

also not sure if the Ladies and Gentlemen of Caledon still do drawing room tea and polite stimulating conversation, but they used to quite regular. Maybe somebody from there can say

I remember going to Caledon when Ordinal Malaprop gave a talk there. Was pretty cool. Ordinal Malaprop is legend

If you ever fired a turret gun, or drove in a tank battle, or played pirate ships on the Blake, then none of this would of happened if not for Ordinal, who worked out all the rotational and physics calcs back in the day, and pretty much told everybody who was prepared to pay attention and listen, how to do it

what I personal know about all this stuff I learned of her, while sitting in a crinoline dress in a Caledon drawing room, having tea and cucumber sandwiches. and cake (:

eta typsos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.