Help! My friend was stolen by “A” Rank!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help, I have lost a friend to this new ranking system and I don't know what to do. Before ranks came in we use to to play, hang out and have fun. We would joke around on the old forums and in Second Life. Sometimes we would both buy a bottle of wine and log in to SL and have fun sipping wine and exploring this wonderful world but...
Now that he has been promoted to the rank of “A” I guess he thinks that means Awesome or something like that, we never spend any time together anymore. He spends all his time in SL Answers and never hangs out on the forum anymore. He tells me he doesn't drink wine anymore and that joking around is for fools. He is so serious now that he has been promoted. I feel like I have lost a good friend. I don't know what to do, please help. :smileysad:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Do not worry, Keli.  All of this 'rank thing' has gone to his head.  It will not last, not if he is a good friend.  Give him one of the ranks you have created or create one just for him...perhaps a wine rack?  I mean, rank?

I would but I am so upset I can't draw a straight line in PhotoShop right now. It's is so sad what ranks are doing to us. :(

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Do not worry, Keli.  All of this 'rank thing' has gone to his head.  It will not last, not if he is a good friend.  Give him one of the ranks you have created or create one just for him...perhaps a wine rack?  I mean, rank?

I would but I am so upset I can't draw a straight line in PhotoShop right now. It's is so sad what ranks are doing to us.
:(

It is sad that one or two individuals use the rank for vain reasons.  It is a cancer in this forum. 

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

I would but I am so upset I can't draw a straight line in PhotoShop right now. It's is so sad what ranks are doing to us.

It is sad that one or two individuals use the rank for vain reasons.  It is a cancer in this forum. 

Storm you are so right. I hope other people can learn from this sad story and be saved before we lose all our friends. :smileysad:

Keli, I am certain this 'rank infection' affects only a small number of posters.  Even so, they carry a megaphone and are hard to avoid.

It is ironic that those who applauded the 'coming of the mods' here are themselves 'suffering' from that 'attention'.  They bring it on because they can only *be* themselves.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Now that he has been promoted to the rank of “A” I guess he thinks that means Awesome or something like that, we never spend any time together anymore.

He's made the "A" List?  Yay?

Can I opt out of the ranking?  Seems kinda silly, but oh well.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I don't know what to do, please help. :smileysad:

Drink wine, eat Chocolate, and go SHOPPING!

I'll be the one stumbling about, with chocolate stained fingers holding a wad of cash, standing in front of the coat rack.

:smileyhappy: 

Cato Badger wrote:

The day that I get a "letter" rank is the day I retire from the forums. So if you want to hasten my departure please feel free to give me lots of kudos!

Looks like we will both be hanging out in our little orange bowling pin for a while. You because you are such an intelligent intuitive thinker that doesn't like to be labeled and me because the only answers I can come up with are silly and not deserving of kudos. :smileysad:

If only I knew how to give more intelligent replies maybe I would not have been left for SL Answers. :smileymad:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Keli, I am certain this 'rank infection' affects only a small number of posters.  Even so, they carry a megaphone and are hard to avoid.

It is ironic that those who applauded the 'coming of the mods' here are themselves 'suffering' from that 'attention'.  They bring it on because they can only *be* themselves.

Is it bad to want to be yourself instead of a "M" an "A" or a "H"? If we were all allowed to be ourselves wouldn't we need many, many more ranks to reflect that? I will never be smart enough to get an "A" or a "H" the only thing I can hope for is a "M" and that is only if they ask questions about shopping. :smileysurprised:

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Now that he has been promoted to the rank of “A” I guess he thinks that means Awesome or something like that, we never spend any time together anymore.

He's made the "A" List?  Yay?

Can I opt out of the ranking?  Seems kinda silly, but oh well.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I don't know what to do, please help. :smileysad:

Drink wine, eat Chocolate, and go SHOPPING!

I'll be the one stumbling about, with chocolate stained fingers holding a wad of cash, standing in front of the coat rack.

:smileyhappy: 

It is kind of silly when you think about it. There is no rank for people that like to have fun in Second Life only ranks for the really smart people. There should be a drink wine, eat chocolate and go shopping rank. We totally add to the Second Life experience but I guess we are not considered "Members" of the community. :smileyindifferent:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Help, I have lost a friend to this new ranking system and I don't know what to do. Before ranks came in we use to to play, hang out and have fun. We would joke around on the old forums and in Second Life. Sometimes we would both buy a bottle of wine and log in to SL and have fun sipping wine and exploring this wonderful world but...

Now that he has been promoted to the rank of “A” I guess he thinks that means Awesome or something like that, we never spend any time together anymore. He spends all his time in SL Answers and never hangs out on the forum anymore. He tells me he doesn't drink wine anymore and that joking around is for fools. He is so serious now that he has been promoted. I feel like I have lost a good friend. I don't know what to do, please help. :smileysad:

Awwwwwwwww that sucks! He'll get over it, I'm sure. Have you tried logging in and sending him an IM or TP request?

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Awwwwwwwww that sucks! He'll get over it, I'm sure. Have you tried logging in and sending him an IM or TP request?

It is so sad Argus. :( I don't think people like this log into Second Life anymore. It's all about the rank and you can't get a higher rank by being In-World but only by hanging out in SL Answers, Knowledge Base or the Creation Forums. I think it is becoming a rare thing to see an "A" in these forums. Just look at this thread not a single "A" has replied but I still have hope that we will one with "A" cheese head soon. ;)

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Me fears it's too late. Terrible shame but he's not real serious about anything if that is the case I woud suggest.

*counts characters,,, oh wrong thingy lol

EyeU.gif

delete me! ^-

It is too late for some I fear. Maybe this will be a good thing for our community? At least more questions are being answered seriously instead of with witty replies. But boy oh boy do I miss some of those witty replies. :(

Keli Kyrie wrote:

It is too late for some I fear. Maybe this will be a good thing for our community? At least more questions are being answered seriously instead of with witty replies. But boy oh boy do I miss some of those witty replies.

It could be good for the outside community. The answer and forum replies are supposed to be raw material to build the knowledge base, so maybe that will help more people enjoy SL. The name "community" for this web site is perverse, LL made it clear that they want no such thing here.

• 3 weeks later...

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

It is too late for some I fear. Maybe this will be a good thing for our community? At least more questions are being answered seriously instead of with witty replies. But boy oh boy do I miss some of those witty replies.

It could be good for the
outside
community. The answer and forum replies are supposed to be raw material to build the knowledge base, so maybe that will help more people enjoy SL. The name "community" for
this web site
is perverse, LL made it clear that they want no such thing here.

Cerise, I'd just like to thank you again for posting how to put up that style sheet that makes the ranks invisible, unless you scroll over them. I find that I like it much better without the clutter or ranks in my face.  Maybe you could post that again here?

And Keli, don't worry about your friend, they'll either get over themselves and realize what a fool they've been or they weren't worth spending so much time with in the first place.  I hope for your sake that your life is filled with so much positive stuff to do that you won't miss them so much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.