For those wondering where all the people are...

Freestar Tammas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to strongly recommend checking out the live music community. The live music scene in SL is very active, always busy, and very welcoming to newcomers.   We are also a large bridge to meeting people from other lifestyle communities as well, including those involved in charities, graphic arts, scripting, various lifestyles like tinies, furries, fashion, etc.  The music community comprises poeple from all interest groups and walks of life.  

When I say "live music" I don't mean night clubs, sex clubs, DJs, or tribute bands.  I mean real musicians and singers performing live in real time from their homes and studios. Some shows are more like concerts, others are more like hanging out with a pal around a campfire and very interactive. Many will do requests.  Many do original music.  There are musicians performing 24/7 in SL, from all over the world, and performing all kinds of music.   Classical, jazz, standards, undreground metal, Indie, blues, progressive rock, folk....it's all there.  And it's all free to be enjoyed.  

The venues and the performers rely on donations or tips of Lindens, and a reasonable tip for each is in the 200-300L range.  However all are always grateful for what you can share, even if it's only 20L.   And if you have nothing, then contribute when you do. And this brings me to my final point.

There are jobs where you can earn Lindens while enjoying the music and making friends.   Live music venues need hosts. Musicians need helpers.  It's easy to get involved.  In fact right now there is a charity where many many musicians perform that needs hosts and are willing to train even inexperienced people.   You don't have to strip, you don't have to spam people, you just have to love music and love helping others.  Feed - A - Smile is a charity that feeds, clothes, and educates children in the slums of Kenya, Africa.    They are looking for people right now.  But there are many ways to get involved, and there are always people at live music shows.

So....do a search in events under Live Music and see who you can find that might be playing, and make some new friends while enjoying a great live concert.

Sincerely, Freestar aka Ren

(PS. I am not a representative of the charity mentioned above but as a musician I have played for them.  I want to clarify too, that hosting for them does not pay, because it is a charity, however it is a great way to get your feet wet and hear a lot of great musicians and make new friends.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.