Been here for years, no friends. x_x

Pandora Zsun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean it's mostly my fault because I'm so damn awkward and quiet when I try and talk to people tbh. But I would actually like some friends to hang out with every now and then! It gets pretty boring when I'm just by myself all the time.... I've never really roleplayed, but I would be up to try I guess o.0. I mostly just shop and whatnot, but I would like to go to events and have fun and stuff. xD

Some of my interests are: Videogames, Art, Fashion, Dubstep, Trap music, Horror, Poetry, Science.

If I wanted friends but was socially inhibited, I think I would try role playing. I am naturally introverted (tho not shy) but when I was a teacher, I played the role of Mrs. X , who practically tap danced on her desk to capture and hold student attention.

then after school, I didn't want to talk to anyone. 

ETA The worst thing to do is to announce that you are shy, which is considered by some a type of pathology, and means to many that you do not intend to do your share of the conversational work or take any initiative. 

Well, I guess the thing is that I don't like being quiet, or that's not really my intention. It's hard for me to try keep a conversation going unless it's something that I really have in common with someone, or if we have the same type of personality. It's not that I don't try to start conversations. I would really like to break this introvert habit of mine, but I didn't know how to go about it but to finally post something here. It's kind of hard to explain, I'm just being honest. :matte-motes-confused:

Introversion is the new black.

Introverts do hate small talk. I don't have advice on how to find a group with common interests. I just build and run my store, I don't really socialize, except here. 

Btw, find out your Meyers Briggs type, will help you to accept your preferences. I am INFP, usually the oddball in any group.

I'm sorry for you that you feel lonely :/ that's what I want to be all the time, cause I enjoy it to be alone and to explore. But peoples usually IM me, everywhere I go. I think it's all about the avi. As I had an Standard avi in the past, my sl beeing was also very quiet. By the way, shoping is an great things ;) and for that it's better to be alone :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am interest to make friendship with you here or skype or yahoo too. I will be waiting for your positive answer or mail. 

my mail id : rajakumar.1@yahoo.com ; skype : Raja Kumar : rajakumar.1@yahoo.com ; I have No friends here. I am male 27yrs. Post Graduate. Interest in Fun and chating too.

bye..... yours friend forever,

Raja.

I'm not sure if I'm back in SL or not yet, mostly not so far, which is too bad because I freaking love awkward people! I also love A-holes, idk why, but awkward and A-holes are two of my favorite peoples :matte-motes-nerdy: You can message me if you'd like, just don't get worried if it takes a while to get a response, I've only made it on twice in the past 6 months or so. (by the way, I've tried roleplay, and I'm too damn awkward for it) 

I have been in here for years too and it seems the same deal for me. I make friends and they leave SL or switch to alts.

The worst is they rush into relationships and partner up then a couple of months later if it goes wrong they get depressed and leave sometimes.

You end up with a hundreds of names on your friends and only a handful of regulars. 

Look me up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.