could this work?

xebian Alas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok so il found a peace of land that i really like my problem is its 2048 and i can not afford that each month im after a 1024 as its in my price range now if i buy the 2048 can i take the 1024 of it and abandon the rest can i myself split the land?any help or advice here would be great thanks.

Yes it can work BUT ... your tier for the first month will be for 2048 sqm.after that it will be for 1024 sqm. That is how things work is SL, the tier you are paying for a month depends on the highest number of sqm's you have owned during that month, even if you've owned it for only a few minutes.

You can add your 512 sqm's premium land to it though coming to 1536 sqm (assuming you don't have a 512 sqm plot somewhere) and 10% more if you deed your land to a group.

A couple of additions, sorta :good news" and "bad news."

First the bad news, because it's unlikely to apply, but just to be paranoid: there are parts of Mainland that do not allow subdividing. These are few and far between, especially at the 2048 sq.m. size (I've only ever encountered such things on Zindra, in the Kama City district). You can check to be sure your parcel allows subdividing by looking at About Land, at the bottom of the Covenant tab.

The good news is that you may be able to find somebody willing to buy the 2048 and split off the 1024 for you and just absorb the other 1024, if you're willing to part with it for free. They may abandon it, but more likely they'll try to sell it on for a low price. If it's important to you that it be abandoned, you may be able to make that arrangement with them, too -- especially if they're a friend. (If they have large group-deeded land holdings, they can do this without incurring the cost of tiering-up, just by "borrowing" tier from a group for a few minutes.)

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.